Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Was recently told that if I buy a boost guage for my 08 3.0lt CRD that I have to get a Diesel one and not one that has vacuum as well. Thoughts and reasons behind this please????

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Does any one have step by step destructions on how to fit the guage and sensor.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Diesels don't produce vacuum so it's a waste, also if you are looking at a 270 degree analogue gauge you are wasting area of vision, mine is a 0-35psi which is all you need, even a 0-30 would be OK if you can get one, you won't be going past that ;).

The easiest way to do it these days is to rig it up through an adapter that fits under the existing MAP sensor on the front of the std IC, se pic, these are available from Off-Road Division and Extreme Limits Off Road, see vendors section, Mat from Off-Road Division supplied one for a NADS I did a few weeks ago.

If I was you I would get a 2 or even 3 gauge pillar pod (depending on what you may do later, including the very important EGT gauge), see ebay or the guy's mentioned above, they look good, easy to fit and convenient. You can wire the light in through the dimmer so it works with your std dimmer switch power can be picked up from the cigarette lighter circuit. Do a search in the Google search option, top left corner of this page for tips on wiring into the dimmer.

boost adapter.jpg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate. Not being all that knowledgable yet about my Patrol. The picture is of the MAP sensor right ?, with the boost guage pipe fitting??
Thanks and sorry for the lame ass questions!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Sorry was off line for a while, Give Mat at Off-Road Division a call (see vendors section), he may be able to do a better price than that.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,085 Posts
Go into user cp. You will find in there edit avatar. Upload a pic and away you go.

While your in there you will find edit signature also. Put something in there about your car. Year / model engine etc. Will make it easier for people to help you out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
735 Posts
boost gauges

Hi Guys
Was recently told that if I buy a boost guage for my 08 3.0lt CRD that I have to get a Diesel one and not one that has vacuum as well. Thoughts and reasons behind this please????
M8, if you buy an electronic stepper unit it will work absolutely fine. Means only wires thru the firewall.

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
I went the Autometer Sport Comp Gauges, just to match my dash speedo and rev gauges, put them on a pillar pod and possibly the best mod I've done to date, the EGT gauge.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks greatly gents. Had my avatar and all that poo poo set up then they change the mobile web site on me. At the moment am only using iPhone to access site!

·
Registered
nissan
120 Posts
do I need something else for my boost gauge to plug into this as my boost line is very small and don't think it will fit over that barb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts