Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a long while ( 2 years) since I've been actively on the forum .

Sold my GU ute when the mrs got pregos and had planned to get a wagon... Never happened .

After 2 years of driving a Hyundai excell I'm finally back in the patrol game.

2001 GU ST wagon 4.2 T

Has the following that I've found so far

*285/75/16 AT tyres ( havnt heard of the brand before)
* boost and pyro gauges ( cheap eBay ones - EGT gauge is buggered - dragon gauge brand
*spotties taken off by previous owner but wiring loom is still there so just have to get some lights

* 3inch dump and exhaust
* some car alarm system have to Suss out if it's working
* dual battery system ( piranha)
* I think 2 inch tough dog suspension - have to do some measurements.

Looks really clean paintwork is immaculate , havnt seen a engine bay so clean and underneath doesn't look like it's done much if any off-road work, boost reading is around 7.5-8 PSI which I think is pretty close to factory.

Quite a few things planned for this rig .

However for the time being will be cheap projects carried out while I try smash some damage into the loan,

Overall fuking happy as a pig in mud.

Great to drive and having cruise control is a huge bonus after having the ute for longer trips.

Glad to be back!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Very tidy looking wagon, welcome back!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a couple of engine bay pics. Couldn't find any material down in the nooks and crannys . Very clean

Done a couple things today

- put a chassis to body earth strap/ cable on.

- ran a new rear diff breather hose up to the engine bay .

- be doing a fuse block this week .

Cheers

Booy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Geez mate nice find. Looks in mint condition. Looks like a keeper. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
20 Posts
Good find. Looks good.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well when I brought the wagon it had some cheap ebay gauges in a dash pod. "Dragon Guage" I think they were. Pyro didn't work, boost gauge dicky. Cutting in and out.

Ordered a VDO boost and pyro kit and hooked them up today. Gonna replace the current hose to the boost point on the crossover to stainless 1/4 tube and swag lock fittings with nylon 1/4 hose for the sections needing a bit if flex.

Will be getting a pillar pod in the near future but this will do to then,

I'm sure the red colour will start to annoy me but can't be bothered pulling the gauge out again.

Just gave it a quick run to make sure it works but will go fir a cruise at 110km to get a idea of what she's gonna run at temp wise

Cheers
Booy

Next on the list is the rear taillights- ordering the functional ones from ebay and gonna fit them up when they arrive.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small update doing a few little jobs on the wagon.

Updated the fittings and hoses from the crossover pipe to swaglock fittings and piping.
- the cheap hose/ fittings from the previous "china- special" boost guage etc seemed dodge and I wanted no leaks.

Also did the fuseblock sorted that out and ran some new power circuits into the cabin, one circuit is a normal cig plug and the other a dual USB outlet.

Got a set of the taillights on there way so will get that sorted next.

Plan is either Chrissy or next year early will be doing 4 inch snorkel and airbox upgrade ( like everyone lol) planning on slowly upgrading things step by step from the intake - airbox - turbo - intercooler etc over next year...

Cheers
Booy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had my taillights arrive that I ordered and got them fitted up today. Look great and now won't have people asking me all the time why my taillights don't work.

Also giving it a once over noticed this crack in the fan.

I take it I need to replace this fan yeh?

Cheers

Booy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys,

I've got a 2.8td intercooler that I'm putting into my 4.2tdt patrol wagon. Just had a question for the boost pickup point the current one is one the crossover pipe.

When the intercooler is mounted is the barb that comes out of the rear of the intercooler ( firewall side) on the picture below the boost where I'll plumb up my boost gauge and the line to the injector pump?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Booy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good search / Google answered it for me.

Cheers

Booy

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Nice looking rig. I just got myself a 4.2 wagon and can't wait to start modding it. Just wondering how much were the working tail lights? And what is the body to chassis earth strap for? I just saw it on another thread and was curious. Cheers

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were I think 152$ free postage on eBay mate. Easy install just rang some wires under the mat. .

Check out the other threads on the light install they have heaps of pics etc.
well worth doing.

Sorry the earth strap is to ensure that there is a earth bond between the chassis and body. Bad earthing causing allot of weird electrical issues so this helps stamp them out. Apparently they don't come bonded from the factory I think or they over time increase in resistance causing issues down the track.

Cheers
Booy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking rig. I just got myself a 4.2 wagon and can't wait to start modding it. Just wondering how much were the working tail lights? And what is the body to chassis earth strap for? I just saw it on another thread and was curious. Cheers

Congrats on the wagon too, have you started a members thread?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Intercooler mounted up getting a scoop Wednesday then gotta decide if I'm gonna have a crack at cutting the hole or getting a panel beater to do it...

Anyone done there own- thinking of pulling the scoop of my mates wagon and just mirroring the cuts as best as I can.

Cheers
Booy

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well gave the intercooler a clean up and paint looking smick now. Also got my UFI airbox lid fitted up .

Next thing is the scoop.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts