Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1784 Posts

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
They dont need to be bigger as they dont need to accomodate silly anti surge drillings or slots. Instead they have a well placed valve that helps to prevent surge.

Get a 7163 with t25 0.85ar turbine housing. And a 12mm pump.

No need for surge tells me that there is low RPM inefficiencys

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Dump pipe was todays job. I have just tacked the flange in place with my mig. Given the stainless flange is being welded to a mild steel pipe, a tig will do a better job, so I will leave that for the shop to do.

I have started with a 1D bend and then cut it back to get the clearance I need to the firewall. The flange normally goes over the pipe, but I have cut the pipe back into the curve, which means I have increased the diameter of it. This means the pipe now gets welded onto the face of the flange instead of the inside. I have also cut it deliberately on an angle to help with clearance, and to help match up with the exhaust pipe. This lines up quite well.

A bit of cutting, grinding, and bending was needed to get it to match up, but in the end I finished with this.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
5,852 Posts
Looks good Shayne. You can get an extra 10 mm out of it by die grinding out the bottom half of the thick flange. That is what I did to get it to fit in a low mount in the GU. Also I have a bit more angle on it to match up with the STD exhaust position.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,869 Posts
Probably suit a DTS low mount better as the flange sits forward 40mm over standard. More room for Dump

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
What's a dts worth?
I might sell the factory one and get one if its to much of an issue. Doesn't sound like a major one but more space is good.

Getting a little excited about all this :)

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
Fs- one standard turbo exhaust manifold.. Lol
This builds getting bigger by the day...
Hopefully I get decent coin for mine :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Having said that fellas, the job I have done above provides enough clearance, and was not that difficult to do. My manifold flange position may not have been ideal, but given it was port matched and ceramic coated I preferred to keep it.

If you are trying to save a buck you can do what I have done with basic tools. And, as Oldmav has mentioned, it could be made shorter than I have done it too.

Now I have to wait for the Super Short wastegate bracket, so who knows when I will get that. Hopefully next week, but I have been waiting for almost a month now.

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
When you say manifold flange position, did you modify it prior to suit the garret or is it how it came?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
When you say manifold flange position, did you modify it prior to suit the garret or is it how it came?
It is a standard Turboglide high mount manifold. What I meant was that it has the flange further towards the rear than is ideal, but most manifolds are similar I think.

·
nissan gu patrol
8,869 Posts
what's a dts worth?
I might sell the factory one and get one if its to much of an issue. Doesn't sound like a major one but more space is good.

Getting a little excited about all this :)
$550. Could even get a Radius Fab as well maybe

You will get good money for your factory one

·
Registered
nissan
785 Posts
Fs- one standard turbo exhaust manifold.. Lol
This builds getting bigger by the day...
Hopefully I get decent coin for mine :)
A dts one will help if you go for a b1 frame turbo like the 6758 or 7163. However if you choose to use the b2 frame 7064 then the factory will likely work in your favour.

The last few genuine manifolds I have sold for $300 without a problem.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
5,852 Posts
$550. Could even get a Radius Fab as well maybe

You will get good money for your factory one
You might want to trial that first for under mount. BW are long so you may run into clearance issues with the alternator or engine mount especially when a adaptor is used. A 7064 B2 frame will pose issues with centred flanged manifolds.

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
Yeah I have some decision making to do in a little while, go the smaller 6758 or up the ant with the 7163.

Also meant hopefully I get decent coin for my truck when I sell it to fund the dual cab gu td power build :)

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
Il get a mate to make a fatz copy and snorkel. He owes me a favour. The plan was to strip all the gear of my gu and swap over but I can't be stuffed. All new it is :)

·
nissan gu patrol
8,869 Posts
You might want to trial that first for under mount. BW are long so you may run into clearance issues with the alternator or engine mount especially when a adaptor is used. A 7064 B2 frame will pose issues with centred flanged manifolds.
Yes i had issues with clearance with engine mount but changed to the superior engineering ones. Problem solved

41 - 60 of 1784 Posts