Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right ... based on the fact that 'Sally' got a dunking a few weeks back and I'm a bit worried about the fuel filter and... shes coming up for a service anyway .. I'm starting that road of looking into what parts to buy for her. It will stay consistent but I now need to get to that starting point....

based on page B98 or 121 from the PDF of the bosch filter guide from Bosch - Bosch Australia - Homepage my 1995 nissan safari kingsroad, td42 turbo should be getting an 'ON 067' oil filter and a 'DN281' fuel filter... does anyone concur or have a thought on this particular instance as reading through the forum seems to have me more confused...

thing is I'm not 100% sure this is correct as the td42T turbo listing says the engine has 4 cylinders!!!

Also I'm sure that I read somewhere here that there are two different oil filters to be fitted....sigh... I'd like to get the bosch ones as they go to 5 microns.. make me happier and they are apparently cheaper... the nissan one in NZ are almost $55 for the fuel filter alone!!!!

·
Safari Hoarder
4,693 Posts
Just remember you have a Safari not a Patrol (I did not see Safari listed in that catalog). Unless you can post up pictures of the filters I cannot confirm.

What other brands can you get locally? Might be best to ask some one else with a similar rig.

Baldwin makes a fuel filter that fits.
Wix makes both oil filters and the air filter

I suspect you have 2 different oil filters (the forward one is the special one), standard fuel filter and a "Safari" air filter (not a GU one).

pm sent

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Hi Black, all TD42s do not have identical oil filters.
Correct. The same occured with the Patrols too in one production run. My 91 has two different filters but my 92/93 <model year is 92 but import registration goes by frame date> has two of the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts