Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having issues with finding a suitable rear shock for my gq patrol.

im running super flexy coils and 36inch rear pro comps, i been looking at boss 4x4 shocks, i have heard sum bad rap about these shocks and am alittle worried, but ive also heard that new owners and fixing the issues and trying fix there rep?

any one running them atm, let me know cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
There is a new distributor & they trying to fix the previous issuses
They are giving 12mth unconditional warranty.
They did have some problems with the adjuster freezing up but that has now been sorted.
You must use the correct locktight & you must let it dry properly before installing shocks.
Get the right lenght shocks or use extended bumpstops as no shock will take constant bottoming out
Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do i need locktight ? yeah going get the 1000mm ones and run larger bump stops. i have no problems using all of the 914mm of the 36inch procomp with suitable bump stops.

·
Banned
nissan
477 Posts
Have Boss shocks on mine and I wouldn't buy them again, The eye was too narrow and the bush was about 15mm short of the washer once the washer was tight. Lucky I had some big washers in the tool box to space the thing out as I was leaving on a trip the next day.

I am guessing I have the early ones (about a year old) three of the four adjuster knobs have siezed, other one has snapped off, rock or log is the culprit I'll bet. And the car handled worse after the new shocks went on, the missus wont drive it and she loved driving the old GQ which had a four inch lift, this only has three inch.

My experience,

Ben

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
Ive got them on the front with no issues...

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
what do i need locktight ? yeah going get the 1000mm ones and run larger bump stops. i have no problems using all of the 914mm of the 36inch procomp with suitable bump stops.
The fittings on the end are screwed on & need to be locktighted.
You should get the big eyes with the shocks
Cheers

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i shall give them a go in the rear if im happy with them ill get a set for the front also. cheers for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts