Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen these at my local suspension joint and thought I'd make sure people were aware of them.

Seems like a good Idea!

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
I'm also pretty keen to hear any feedback on these vs Superiors. Want to brace my wagon towers very soon

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I'm also pretty keen to hear any feedback on these vs Superiors. Want to brace my wagon towers very soon
They look like an improvement on the standard set up. Probably a lot easier to bolt in than the Superior brace (except for the ute version crossmember type which is very easy, if you have the room).

They do pick up on the bolt holes of the bump stop mount point into the underside of the chassis. This should help stop the twist on the coil tower but does not help the chassis rail twist (particularly if vehicle is overloaded or bottoming out on the bump stops).

But they do not share the load across to the crossmembers infront and behind the coil tower like the Superior bolt in brace does.

The Superior ute type brace shares the load and twisting force on the coil tower by connecting to the oposite coil tower and therefore stops the chassis rail twist at the point where the coil tower welds on.

So in my view: they are simple, easy to install and an improvement on nothing at all, but do not look to share the load as well as the Superior brace options. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
They'll help, but there's no guarantee they'll eliminate all possible chances of damage

Do it once and do it right I say,,,,, just weld in some strength.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
45 Posts
just finished installing a set this weekend. They are a solid bit of gear and had no problems installing them. Everything lined up well. My coil towers were fine and heading up the cape in september so time will tell. I don't tow a 3tonne caravan or overload my truck severley and i took that into consideration when buying my brace, nor can i weld. I did look at the superior braces and they look as if they would stop the chassis twist but have heard reports that they are a pain to fit.
Anyways, im happy with my purchase and am confident that they will work for what i use my truck for and if they don't i will certainly let you guys know. Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
1,181 Posts
Could you not use the 4 recessed mounting holes (and longer bolts) to bolt some flat bar to bridge between the coil towers, thus restricting the chassis twist ?

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Could you not use the 4 recessed mounting holes (and longer bolts) to bolt some flat bar to bridge between the coil towers, thus restricting the chassis twist ?
Yes easy on a ute, but on a wagon there is to little room under the floor to brace side to side.

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
I have fitted the tower brace for a wagon and a mate the brace for a ute from superior. both were easy fit just mine ( the wagon) took longer! The wagon version was $450 and the ute $150 If I remember correct. Just been up the cape and back and no worries at all. My coil towers were straight to start with but no worries anyway. My mates towers were bent and we had to straighten them before fitment, but that was 12 months ago and no movement since!

·
Registered
nissan
415 Posts
Had mine fitted since they first came out. At the time I got one of our structural engineers to have a look at the design he gave them a big tick. They are doing the job in a heavy car.

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
I have these tower braces in stock for any Brisbanites who want to pick up.
Or I can ship
Cheers

1 - 20 of 48 Posts