Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
yeah well a 7.50 x 16 is a bit over 32' so sounds right.do you know the price of the BOTO's ?

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I have thought about running botos and this very size for that matter... but the size is a little bit "unusual"...
Unusual in what way? A few manufacturers make that size, would it be correct enough to call them a 33x8.5

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Roughly 856mm tall, 33.7". 235mm wide.

Be careful that you look at the tyre type, the second one you linked is a 'drive' tyre, so not designed for steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you want them? Simply because they are cheap? The 70 series come with skinny truck tyres and they drive like crap.

If you want road tyres i'd get secondhand dualers or something that's come straight off a new patrol or cruiser.

See here
Bridgestone 255 70 16 D684 Dueler HT in Wyndham Vale, VIC | eBay

There are lots more too
bridgestone dueler | eBay
Was just curious if anyone had experience on a tyre of that style, the boto was just an example, cheers for the link but I don't do the second hand tyre thing I just bought 6x 285/75 r16 jobbies today

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
They are second hand but they have less than 500km on them. When people buy new vehicles and request better tyres the 'old' ones end up on ebay.

Every tyre on your car is essentially secondhand, and whilst you dont know the history of a tyre that has 500km on it i'd be willing to say that its a safer bet than any tyre thats currently on your car. But i agree with the sentiment, i wouldnt fit worn tyres unless i could be sure they werent repaired by seeing them off the rim.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,067 Posts
Unusual in what way? A few manufacturers make that size, would it be correct enough to call them a 33x8.5
Not a tyre that you could source in the middle of somehwere. I am running 7.50r16 Dunlop Road Grippers atm. I am not sure about the driving like crap comment. It certainly doesnt look tough, but what I needed was a stock tyre that still had decent height

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Why would you want them? Simply because they are cheap? The 70 series come with skinny truck tyres and they drive like crap.

If you want road tyres i'd get secondhand dualers or something that's come straight off a new patrol or cruiser.

See here
Bridgestone 255 70 16 D684 Dueler HT in Wyndham Vale, VIC | eBay

There are lots more too
bridgestone dueler | eBay

why would you want them? hahaha thats like me asking you why would you want a GU or a dirty td42.as for a 70 series- thats irrelevant,
and i wouldn't put second hand tyres on my wagon,the link you posted is for 255/70/16- this aint a hilux forum bud, we want man size tyres like 33's not 29's

so thanks anyway but 14 ply boto truck tyres are what we bogans need for cartin crap around in our patrols with :D :D

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not a tyre that you could source in the middle of somehwere. I am running 7.50r16 Dunlop Road Grippers atm. I am not sure about the driving like crap comment. It certainly doesnt look tough, but what I needed was a stock tyre that still had decent height
Very true about limited availability mate, yea after ur thread about skinnys I was keen to try a set of road gripper f's but my mate that owns a tyre shop said they couldn't be put on my gu steelys and ordering rims of that size can take a while so he fixed me up with some maxis 751's for $170 a pop

1 - 20 of 28 Posts