Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not sure if this in the right spot or not, the bolts have come out of my bottom alternator and looks like it happened a while ago, it's very worn, I was wondering if this bracket can be removed or if it's part of the block, which I would doubt, and if anyone could tell me what size the bolts are that go in this bracket, any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Gav
Forgot to mention its zd30

Cheers gav

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Very clear description of what you want - not. Do you mean the alternator bracket to the block, or the bottom alternator mounts to bracket bolts.

If they are the alternator pivot mounts to the bottom bracket, and the bolts are gone, then then undo the top pivot ( adjusting) bolt, unplug the alternator, pull the alternator out, and try a spare bolt in the bracket. They are probably 14mmx1.5mm. If you dont have a bolt , grab a couple of sockets try the mount bolts, pull the mount and take it down to Bunnings/Mitre 10/ local hardware store/supercheap/ local sparky/ Bolt shop /engineering place and get a couple of High tensile bolt that fit.

Alternatively find your mate with a ZD30, pop one of the bottom alt mount bolts and go buy 2 of them from the hardware store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts