Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heart goes out to those affected by the accident that clogged the bruce highway Around Bells Creek Rd Beerburrum today. Tragic.

On the lighter side i saw a 200 series try to short cut the traffic by taking an off road route through the 500m long clay pit near Johnson Road exit (mobil servo). W*nkers were bogged up to the floor pan within 30 metres, these D*cks had no idea whatsoever about off roading. SO FUNNY. saw some hilux's having a play in the mud goin southbound and a 100 series GXL also badly stuck just before Roys road. Made the 3.5 Hours it took to go from Wild Horse Mountain to the Caloundra Turnoff almost worthwhile.

anyone else see anything good?

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,653 Posts
I quite often see halfwits stuck along that section when driving the highway. :headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
My heart goes out to those affected by the accident that clogged the bruce highway Around Bells Creek Rd Beerburrum today. Tragic.

On the lighter side i saw a 200 series try to short cut the traffic by taking an off road route through the 500m long clay pit near Johnson Road exit (mobil servo). W*nkers were bogged up to the floor pan within 30 metres, these D*cks had no idea whatsoever about off roading. SO FUNNY. saw some hilux's having a play in the mud goin southbound and a 100 series GXL also badly stuck just before Roys road. Made the 3.5 Hours it took to go from Wild Horse Mountain to the Caloundra Turnoff almost worthwhile.

anyone else see anything good?
Need I point out any more?

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
you have no idea of the incident which occured at johnson road involving 2 bogged patrols and a hilux..

lets just say, the Patrol got bogged so the owner went and fetched the hilux which got bogged and fetched another patrol which got bogged...he figured he better stop before things got worse!

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
Last time I was up there I pointed out to another Patrol owner where I got stuck the previous trip. Water was halfway up my doors. It has rained conciderably since then so the bog hole looked deeper & longer.
He decided he would try it anyway and got stuck in exactly the same place I did. Water was just under the window sills. Both diffs beached up on mud with the 33's spinning underwater. The hilux in the middle snached him out before it filled with water so it was all good. (Ok there was some water in the footwells. ;))

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
i dont live far from there. if you need a hand Just shoot me a pm. putting the 37s on now for a little " tread lightly " look around at all the local holes. no way i am putting my new daily in that crap though.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
And they wonder why these places get locked up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
And they wonder why these places get locked up :rolleyes:
not sure if you are havn a dig at me but just in case I dont get in there and rip these tracks/holes up. they have been the way they are for as long as I remember. been driving past them for nearly 40yrs now. they are weird holes that have always formed on the side of the highway they are so close you could throw a tennis ball at the bogged trucks from your car driving past.
yes some people get in there and rip them up and I get a chuckle as I drive past,normally young guys that I personally would rather see bogged and laughing at their mates underpowered hilux in the mud rather than some young guys dad crying as they peel whats left of his car off a pole.
better people go there than rip up the glasshouse mtns though.even better if they dont rip up anywhere. there is many tracks around here that a 2wd could travel to see the holes, you just have to know where to go.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
not sure if you are havn a dig at me but just in case I dont get in there and rip these tracks/holes up.
No not you mate , I was having a dig at the drivers of these 4wd's obsevered by SBP on the Bruce Hwy

i saw a 200 series try to short cut the traffic by taking an off road route through the 500m long clay pit near Johnson Road exit (mobil servo). W*nkers were bogged up to the floor pan within 30 metres, these D*cks had no idea whatsoever about off roading. SO FUNNY. saw some hilux's having a play in the mud goin southbound and a 100 series GXL also badly stuck just before Roys road.
Real smart this type of behavoir , go mudbashing beside a crowded highway , all it needs is a tree hugging enviromentalist to jump on their high horse and that will be another area locked up ( I'll get off my soapbox now :))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts