Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, yesterday I replaced my old tail lights on my 1990 swb gq with some new ones off ebay and thought i would spice up the lights with new LED globes, but when the LED globes are in the brake lights they light up the dash lights and the center console lighting too when i put my foot is on the brake, but when the standard globes are in the brake lights this doesnt occur, has anyone had the same issue or heard of this happening before? i tried putting some blocking diodes on the feed for the brake lights but that didnt help at all, im going to try to add blocking diodes onto the earth too and see if that makes a difference, but if anyone has ran into the same issue and has fixed it in anyway please let me know, any input is welcome
thanks in advanced alex

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,102 Posts
It also happens to me. What I found out as there are some connection between the stop and tail lights circuitry. What you can do is to put diode s on both stop and tail in line to allow one way current. Or just change it back

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
have you inspected the base of the globe?
It could be the connection base. Given that a LED doesn't actually
"bridge" like a traditional globe there should be no feedback as such.
The LED globe should infact be 2 circuits in one housing. Have you tried one globe at a time?
not sure what else to add apart from diodes, diodes, diodes.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Are the globes in the right way around? Not sure if the led globes have offset pins like the older ones?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,102 Posts
Yes checked every thing. I also bought other set for wife's. All work fine. Something to do with the chips inside the bulb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts