Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to find them in canada, or find them online with out being charged an arm and a leg for shipping.

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts
front brake pads

Just spotted this:

Disc Brake PAD FOR 1981 Nissan 280ZX USA | eBay

I can not quite verify this, but when I look at the front disc pads on my Safari, they look hauntingly familiar...
I had a 280ZX in the mid 80s, and from memory, I did the front brakes twice over the time I owned it...
So it is likely these are the pads we need for our Safaris, and according to the little dimension photo, the measurements are correct.
Even if you don't order them from eBay, try going to the likes of Canadian Tire and getting brake pads for a 81, Nissan 280zx....
To anyone who tries , please keep us posted here on this thread.
Cheers Grippy

$_12.jpg

Reactions: cationmoted

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
In case you didn't know, I have pads front and rear. If I go to a parts shop I will bring a set of fronts to match up.

However, I am looking for front and rear discs.

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts
Right on, Partner!

I would like to get a list of common parts like brake parts and electrical bits, listed with a goto point here in Canada...

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
how much is freight from Au? i pay $240 Au for 4 rotors -RDA and 4 sets ultima disc pads.change the lot every 12mths
I get tb42 dissy caps from Canada on ebay- about $25 each AU posted

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts
Gasburner:
The last lot of front discs & rotors I had sent from onlineautos.au, I cant quite recall, but I am sure it was 150$ or les delivered. I did have an issue with DHL, but that had nothing to do with the good people at onlineautos.au...

And Twinotter:
The best prices I have found for rotors, so far is, again, onlineautos.au.
Although, the freight on 4 discs was a bit stiff, but if you are willing to wait a bit, they did help me out by sending some stuff through Auzy Post.
It was about five weeks, but I was not in a hurry.
I have been looking into having an old set of discs machined to accept common after market 2 piece set up. But this is some way out...
I will post it here when I get it sorted.
Cheers Grippy

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,781 Posts
Yeah I figured it out over a rummy. For 3 sets or rotors and some other bits shipping was horrendous.

·
Registered
nissan safari
266 Posts
Hey T O...
Were you able to confirm the match for the front disc pads?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts