Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a 96 GQ St wagon. When on the brakes the only light that comes on is the one on the top of the barn door. I pulled out the housing that has the red and reverse light together and there is no fitting for the red light. Also found some wiring with fitting inside the panel. Should these lights be working when braking or are they just for show. Just odd that only the small light at the top of the door is all i have. Tha small connection in the first pic is for the reverse light and not sure what the other one is.

P1030973 (800x600).jpg
P1030972 (600x800).jpg

·
Premium Member
1975 G60, 1989 GQ, 2013 GU
1,408 Posts
You should have some lights on your bumper bar. The Lights in the body don't work cause of an ADR ruling

TRev

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
MD 911 is correct. There are no lights there on the Series 2 GQ's due to ADR's.
Nissan fitted the 'dummy' lights as the easiest and cheapest way to comply.

Series 1 have working lights and no bumper repeaters like in MD 911's piccy
Series 2 onwards incl GU's have dummy lights (cept for reverse) and repeaters for brake, tail and indicator in the rear bar

If you want to 'mod' your rear lights "Arab Spec" lights are readily available on Ebay plus a heap of threads on here about them

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that guys. I must have a wiring problem with the ones in the rear bar. One works on the drivers side. However when the head lights are on it turns completely off when the brakes are used. I pulled the housings out and there's some dodgy wiring and broken connectors held together with duct tape!!! Off to the auto lecky next week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts