Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Braumeister from Speidel

I'm going to grape and grain in Melbourne to go check them out when back in aus, hoping to brew decent beer cheaper in the long run, from what I read, its the same as anything expensive and good, people whinge about price, but everyone who has them thinks they are good, I like the ease of it and I don't have time anymore to gin around with projects outside of what I have already, so I wont be making one, I'll just work a few days and buy one:D

Nice beer, like little creatures, james squires and the like are getting pretty dear to be a regular drinker on, so I think this may be the answer for long term nice beer, economically

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
I don't have one but Mud Gecko is on the money. There have been a few DIY ones on AHB and the electronic side of things can be bought from a few off that forum (Matho).

Or do what I'm doing, and look at a HERMS :D

Or start off with a BIAB

EDIT:

Both do as good or better beer than a Braumeister, just depends on how much coin you have or have much involvment you want.
HERMS

BIAB

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heyhey, not interested in projects, as stated in the first post;)

I'm just interested in making good beer, the easiest possible way

I like simple, years in high speed automation have taught me that:D

Something of the shelf that works, everytime, is all I want

I've read heaps on that aussie home brewer forum, but its the same banter, those that have them love them, those that don't whinge about the price, that you are simply an operator and not a "brewer" and all the usual stuff ******s post on forums:(

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
hahaha fair enough

Mine will eventually have minimal input. Load it with grain and hops and walk away.

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
I've been doing stove-top BIAB for years, I have way to many hobbies to go 3v ect. It makes great beer for a good price and I can't buy grain locally.

Are you brewing at the moment Cloughy?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been doing stove-top BIAB for years, I have way to many hobbies to go 3v ect. It makes great beer for a good price and I can't buy grain locally.

Are you brewing at the moment Cloughy?
Nah, just a consumer at the moment:D

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
In that case, Braumeister will be the go. There are other variations around, but their bigger bucks for less output. Lots of info on how to use them and their well proven.

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
If your diving straight into all-grain brewing, BIAB is so simple and cheap to try. $20 for a 19L stockpot, a piece of voile from spotlight, a few dollars worth of grain, hops and yeast and your on your way.

It would be worth trying and getting your process and sanitation down before throwing big dollars at a setup.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your diving straight into all-grain brewing, BIAB is so simple and cheap to try. $20 for a 19L stockpot, a piece of voile from spotlight, a few dollars worth of grain, hops and yeast and your on your way.

It would be worth trying and getting your process and sanitation down before throwing big dollars at a setup.
Yea, but it looks like alot more effort in making the wort, plus I'll likely get a 50L and hopefully 2-3 other drunks to chip in, make the process more enjoyable, I like ease:D

Everyone I read with a braumeister says just get one straight away, I'm hoping to find some people local so I can sample their beer, the main concern is the beer taste like crap, don't get me wrong, I'll drink almost anything, but the idea is to make good beer, not just swill

·
Registered
Nissan
4 Posts
It's a lot of money,if you haven't got a decent handle on all grain brewing you could easily be wasting money.
Try a fresh wort kit.$50 to make 20l and tastes just as good as all grain without the hassle

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
You can't make bad beer with all grain.

My last brew, cascade and amarillo hops. I have a bad feeling I'm getting close to the bottom of the keg.... :neutral: Mmmmmmmm :cool:

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
I want to get into all grain, Few guys at work do it so I will follow their lead.
For ease you can do just full extract brew, and throw in some hops to make a bit fuller taste, this is currently what I'm doing, taste pretty good to me, Not a all grain but cheap and easy.
My problem is the keg empties to fast :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a lot of money,if you haven't got a decent handle on all grain brewing you could easily be wasting money.
Try a fresh wort kit.$50 to make 20l and tastes just as good as all grain without the hassle
Its a cheap toy, that should pay itself off in like 15 brews, return on your money in 12 months, wish I could invest cash that way:D

I'll be starting from scratch and wish to do it right, will likely keg and bottle as I drink a lot of beer up the bush or mates places, so kegs are limiting

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to get into all grain, Few guys at work do it so I will follow their lead.
For ease you can do just full extract brew, and throw in some hops to make a bit fuller taste, this is currently what I'm doing, taste pretty good to me, Not a all grain but cheap and easy.
My problem is the keg empties to fast :)
Yea, I seen the fresh wort kits, but if doing something may aswell do it right from the start, like I say, everyone that has them love them, bit like those thermomixes, overpriced, but in reality they do a great job, easily.....seeing as my ex took the month old thermomix, I figure this is like me replacing it....but for a better purpose than food:D

·
Registered
Nissan
4 Posts
I'm a kits and bits brewer ,been doing it for around 7years.
When I move onto all grain I think the braumeister will fit the bill nicely for ease of use alone,plus it's less brewing equipment if you look at other methods of all grain.Shame about your thermo mix.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
$6000 to brew with extract HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Talk about rip-off crap

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
I was about say awesome idea but , I would hate to see the cost if there giving away $500 dollars worth of brew kits. 6K , fuk me drunk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts