Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Breathalyzer

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Mic 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yeah...It's a thought. Dunno . Never drink and drive, not even a 'roady'

Wasn't always like that, but now it is. I guess if you leave it for 12 hours you'll be OK.

Can't hurt to get one tho'...just the idea of policing myself is a bit hard to swallow.

#3 ·
I've always winged it. Nevermore than 6 beers though. I did a 6 pack of teds in 2 hours and still managed to pass the test.

But you are right after a massive night on the piss when are you right to go the same day?

#4 ·
You would be surprised I generally drop 0.02 every hour (I have lots of data) so if was stroking along quite nicely at 0.20 (pretty pissed) on average I would need to have about 10 hours sleep.

Working at mine site with breatho's at camp to use after a while you get an idea on how much sleep you need to read zero's.

The crazy thing some people just don't ever show much for some reason, had one nice were me and mate downed a Bottle of Yeiger (spelling) only had coffee cups to drink it from and a few beers each both percolating quite nicely and I blew over twice what he did. He was bigger than me but not by much.

Cheers

#14 ·
Is it the taste of the drink, or the feeling that it gives yas,
that drives yous to drink anyways?
1. Relaxing - it does knock the edge off if you're a bit tense/stressed

2. Taste - most drinkers have their favourites, Coopers Pale Ale for me

3. Ritual - just something about it that appeals to the deeper primal instincts

4. Culture - for me, I like pub culture - old pubs are very appealing

5. Cameraderie - something cool about having a couple of quiet ones with good friends, maybe it's just that it loosens everyone up to talk crap and have a giggle

I don't drink much at home - maybe 4 to 6 beers per week. Which means I don't drink much at all these days, as with very young kids I don't get a lot of pub time anymore. My wife used to go beer for beer with me but hasn't enjoyed alcohol much since her pregnancies, so dinner at the pub means a few extra sherbets for me :)

I'm actually not far off stopping the alcohol altogether - partly for health and fitness reasons, but also because my kids are going to shape their attitude to alcohol based on what they see at home - so I plan to see to it that they don't grow up thinking drinking is part and parcel of 'normal' life, unlike my upbringing...

#11 ·
I work on the rule that if it has alcohol in it and if I gotta drive within 12 hours, i dont drink it. Lost my lic 2x in my late teens within 8mths of one another,old man was a cop, didn't I cop it, now 47 been safe ever since, touch wood.

#13 ·
We had a police breath tester at my mates 21st. His old man was a copper and had it in the D car he used to bring home. It just turned into a comp to see who could blow the highest.

Got done on roadside at 4 Am one morning on way to work after a big one. Blew 0.085 went back to station and did the big machine about 30 mins after I blew on side of road. Blew 0.035 cop that processed me said their roadside ones are not really accurate.

#15 ·
Squalo, I understand what you are saying, however as responsible adults with kids, I think that showing my children that it is ok to have a quiet beer at home after a hard days work is ok. In saying this I mean 1 or 2, not a skinful.

#16 ·
Tonka, I think that they can be a good indicator of what's in your system. The thing that you need too be careful of is, which side of accurate they are.;)

Your body is supposed to get rid of one drink an hour from stuff that I have seen. There was a comparison done on a few of them a while back by some show and it showed a variance of up to .002 with some of them.:confused:

#17 ·
yeah its stays in you a while, i had a big night a while ago didnt drive till the next night got pulled over and blew .049 just under. that was 7;30pm. iv been done drink driving about 6 or 7 years ago, did me good. learnt a lesson from it. only thing with those breatherlizers is that if you blow under on that then get pulled over and blow over you still get done. so you really need to get a good one cheap ones dont seem acurate

#19 ·
Those breath testers are a waste of money. The ones the police use are only for an indication but aren't always accurate and they MUST be calibrated every year.

Granted, sometimes they show the same reading as the Breath Analysis machines, which are the ones at the station, sometimes mobile, that supply the evidence to the court.

#20 ·
If i drink more than 1 light beer in any 2 hr period, i dont drive.

Period.

I have never been done DUI. But i scared myself once (not going into details) and swore never again.

#22 ·
I think people who don't drink are a bit odd. It's a totally different World they live in.
Frequently they are Greenies who don't eat meat etc. They write letters to the Editor about smokers and say things like 'filthy' and 'disgusting.' I don't understand them at all, like Christians with their shiny faces and K Mart clothes...I avoid them whenever possible.

#25 ·
I always feel sorry for those who don't imbibe of the alcoholic beverage. When they wake up in the morning, they know that's the best they are going to feel all day, us drinkers know the day will get better. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
One senior cuntstable did not enjoy the fact that his draeger analyser was out of date and that I knew how to calibrate it. He would not let me do it for some strange reason. Ergo $1000 and a year without my licence. And honestly I do know how to calibrate those machines.

#26 ·
One senior cuntstable did not enjoy the fact that his draeger analyser was out of date and that I knew how to calibrate it. He would not let me do it for some strange reason. Ergo $1000 and a year without my licence. And honestly I do know how to calibrate those machines.
BS.

If the BA machine was out of calibration by date and you knew it, you wouldn't have lost your licence.
You were going to calibrate the machine at the station hey, yeah right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.