Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 3 litre diesel auto ST (2002) which is working perfectly so far. I wish to tow a caravan around Oz in the next 18 months and wish to install EGT and Boost gauges. As I have limited resources (read zero) I am looking for a Brisbane mechanic (northside if poss) to install these. Can anyone help?
My long term goal is to block the EGR but as an interim I would like to monitor boost and temp readings.
Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
i cannot recommend anybody as i live on the goldie but any decent 4wd mechanic should be able to fit them things for you. the boost gauge especially is really easy to fit. and the and the egt gauge is also easy enough but needs a fitting either tapped or welded into the exhaust.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diesel Mechanic

Thanks for the info;

Cheers Peter

·
Registered
nissan patrol
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike; I'll start with him

Cheers Peter

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
ye ive heard very good things about that bloke at brendale

·
Registered
nissan
202 Posts
Moorooka Automotive are good, just not Northside

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Emmmm i don't think about Diesel mechanics in Brisbane because mostly the petrol cars and high octain cars are in Brisbane so that's why the less popularity of Diesel mechanics in Brisbane i am also a mechanic and dealing Petrol

Click for Furthur Details
More info

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Emmmm i don't think about Diesel mechanics in Brisbane because mostly the petrol cars and high octain cars are in Brisbane so that's why the less popularity of Diesel mechanics in Brisbane i am also a mechanic and dealing Petrol

Click for Furthur Details
More info
I assume you are kidding. There are diesels everywhere in brisbane. Im a tradie and it seems every ute/wagon on the job site is diesel. My ford ranger I always take to ford at springwood and they are great. I only just got my patrol so dont really know where to take it yet. I took it to springwood Nissan for the accelerator recall and a service and I was very happy with their service, they were very helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts