Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering,

after the clem7 that has been built and showed barley any difference in traffic, does anyone here know what it'll be like in the next 5-10years in traffic? (i doubt we'll die in 2012 so dw)

The riverside m1 bridge for example,
Traffic cameras (Department of Transport and Main Roads)
(you need to veiw it at around 7-10am OR 3-5pm to see how busy it gets)
That road there is nearly a carpark at some stages, and it takes forever to get through.

After roads being built here and there, I can only imagine traffic getting worser and worser, population is increasing.

So wtf do we do, sit in traffic longer? How do you guys come about this issue?

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
Three options I can see, sit in it, move away or buy a helicopter!
The gold coast is the same, a s&$t fight!

·
Slow, Rough and Expensive
1,137 Posts
A thousand people a week move to Brisbane so I can safely say that we will all be getting around on bikes and rikshaws, using pig sh#t to run generators for power and only showering once a week. All this because of the rising costs of power, water and politicians pay rises:mad:

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Yeh, it will take about 10 years for these new people to get established and their tax money to filter through and start paying for the infrastructure the place needs, unless the federal government recognizes this population shift and starts spending. Which will need eleventy billion commitee meetings to discuss, and 10 years to decide on.

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
the commitee will make the money though over the ten year (the longer they draw it out the more they get paid) and move somewhere quieter...as per usual..

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,287 Posts
Just stop centralisation of everything!
They are forever pushing for more and more businesses to open in the city, so of course more people are moving/driving there. :rolleyes:
Get the businesses out to where the people need it, the outer areas of suburbia.:idea:

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Dont the average motorist travel 45mins each way to work ???
By building by passes just means they travell from a futher distance

Most of the higher paid jobs are in the central CBD,so what do ya do ???

·
Registered
Nissan
328 Posts
Brisbane is one big fail . I was there yesterday and was thinking , what a stinking , ugly , cluttered , and disjointed place it is . People there may retire with a wad of cash but have sacrificed a peaceful life to achieve it . Stuck in traffic wit B Doubles roaring past you instead of watching rolling green pastures and pleasant sights on your way to work cannot be compared .

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I wouldn't mind living out my days in the Tweed Valley. God's country.

Even the gold coast is getting too busy for me these days

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Brisbane is one big fail . I was there yesterday and was thinking , what a stinking , ugly , cluttered , and disjointed place it is . People there may retire with a wad of cash but have sacrificed a peaceful life to achieve it . Stuck in traffic wit B Doubles roaring past you instead of watching rolling green pastures and pleasant sights on your way to work cannot be compared .
Absolutely, lived there for 4 years and couldnt wait to leave. I dont think the traffic is necessarily much heavier than any other city, its just the design of the roads and freeways is absolutely atrocious. Nothing is direct and have to do a million loops and zig-zags to get anywhere, the designers must have been on some serious drugs back then.

Peak hour anywhere will always be a gridlock. But I took for granted how easy it is to get on the Monash and drive all the way through to the airport without stopping or hitting a light once. Arrr the Kennett years....

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Urban sprawl my friends, a centalised business district with most of the population living around it, as 'Foo' said, remove the big business from the city and you'll be laughing. Also people should if possible take jobs on their side of town instead of needing to travel through it.

When i see roads being built, they are upgraded to fix the here and now, in another 5 years they will be outdated. Especially with half of Victoria moving up here every year :p

Hope i didn't irritate anyone with my POV

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Left the sh*ithole of brissy 15years ago to come to the quiet south Island of NZ, Christchurch. Went back for a year to the Gold coast in 2000, they were both still sh*tholes. Christchurch is now a sh*thole because of the population growth, lack of public transport infrastructure, lack of turning arrows at intersections and that bl**dy earthquake which has blocked and stuffed roads that won't be fixed for another ten or so years. I'm moving to Lismore in January...bring on the quiet life and back to my old 4wd playground in the border ranges.
Al

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Urban sprawl my friends, a centalised business district with most of the population living around it, as 'Foo' said, remove the big business from the city and you'll be laughing. Also people should if possible take jobs on their side of town instead of needing to travel through it.

When i see roads being built, they are upgraded to fix the here and now, in another 5 years they will be outdated. Especially with half of Victoria moving up here every year :p

Hope i didn't irritate anyone with my POV
Its true, big freeways and tunnels once built are struggling only a few years later. I think QLD still tries to hang their hat on the mass moving of people from interstate, but they forget very quickly how many people are moving the flock out of there as well. Last time I heard, Melbourne is the fastest growing city in Aus and my a long way also and is now the least affordable. And that doesn't half pi$$ me off either...

I think Perth / WA is now the trendy spot for people to move too, much like qld 10-15 years ago. But I deffinitely know which one I would prefer and it aint going north..

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
My BIGGEST hate of SEQ is the roads. No offence but town planners, politicians and any engineers that plan or contribute to the design of the roads there a F'n screwed in the head. Nothing is planned right. Much like our North-South Pipeline and Ring Rd. Half assed attempts and making it look like they are doing something.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Yep its the over populated roads up here
How about you bloody mexicans stay away !!!
Caboolture (brissie north) was such an outta way sleepy little place years ago
Bloody urban sprawl
Oh well im outta that over populated place as well
Out in the sticks and never looking back

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
Yep its the over populated roads up here
How about you bloody mexicans stay away !!!
Caboolture (brissie north) was such an outta way sleepy little place years ago
Bloody urban sprawl
Oh well im outta that over populated place as well
Out in the sticks and never looking back
Chances are you parents or grandparents were Mexicans? Half the bloody Qlders that complain are half Mexican or were Mexican. Get over it, its also NZers. We have middle easterns, asians and country bogans, everybody is made of somebody. :p

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Chances are you parents or grandparents were Mexicans? Half the bloody Qlders that complain are half Mexican or were Mexican. Get over it, its also NZers. We have middle easterns, asians and country bogans, everybody is made of somebody. :p
well said.

im over all the "mexicans" comments. If your Australian you should bloody be allowed to live where ever the hell you want in Australia

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Yeah yeah a bitta mexican according to my birth certificate OK

But it wasnt a bad place 10-15 years ago,and seriously the world population doesnt grow that much ???
Does it ???

1 - 20 of 75 Posts