136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
original second hand in good condition works great
Are the factory ones stronger than the aftermarket ones? I got quoted 150ish off the top of my head for a secondhandy one from the local wreckers, and the ebay one is a fair whack cheaper also one comes with warrenty. But yeah id rather pay the extra 100 bucks if it saves me doing it again any time soon.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congatulations on the first break:D

I havn't had too much luck running the cheap cv's, they seem to let go pretty easy, but thats in a locked front.

I have left them in for weeks broken but once you have broken one and its locked your steering up you soon get them out quick smart.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ah well, i havent used my cheapo cv's yet, but my mate hasnt broken his cheapos either. if i do break one, ill just start selling my stash of genuine MQ ones haha (i have GQ CV now).

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah well, i havent used my cheapo cv's yet, but my mate hasnt broken his cheapos either. if i do break one, ill just start selling my stash of genuine MQ ones haha (i have GQ CV now).

Wanna sell one of your spare genuine ones? if so how much u want?
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats involved in the GQ CV conversion? is it just a matter of changing the hubs and the cv`s? Might be upgrading to a newer troll soon so not sure if its worth the hassle

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
if your going to upgrade soon, just buy the cheap ones!

im gonna hold onto mine for a while. and that is all that is required for the conversion, but the hubs cost a bit and they might not be much stronger.

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ended up getting a second hand one from the wreckers for $125 fixed it a few days ago, hoping it will rain tonight so i can get the old girl dirty once again :D

Thanks yet again for all the help eveyone :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts