Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked up codes and all injector pump related. Is there any small things to check before assuming the worst?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Check and clean plugs to the IP, also check that there is no gunk in the crank angle sensor above the harmonic balancer, mud and other crap can cause issues with this sometimes.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got the patrol home courtesy of a racq truck. Now home I have checked some wiring connections and checked for build up of mud at the crank sensor. After resetting codes a couple of time it keeps coming back with 0706 IP spill valve. From other posts I have read it seems that this code is usually a rebuild. The motor takes quite some cranking to start and when started wont rev over 1000rpm.. Was a slow drive in 2wd low range to get out of the shopping centre car park to somewhere the truck could pick me up.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I have to figure out which road to take, new/refurb pump, second hand pump, park patrol up for a bit and find a td42 donor car.

If I were to go new pump it would be silly to not go injectors also?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
VP44 Pumps - Baileys Diesel Group On Highway

I have no affiliation with these guys but ring and speak to matt. They have helped me in the past without reaching into my wallet so i respect that.

Are we absolutely sure the pumps cactus?

How many ks on the injectors? They are a " replace when necessary" item on our di.

The world is your oyster. Your vehicle your choice. Its money no matter which way you go.

Cheers

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the research I have done on here every thing is pointing to the pump needing replacement. The patrols done aprox 220000

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Now I have to figure out which road to take, new/refurb pump, second hand pump, park patrol up for a bit and find a td42 donor car.

If I were to go new pump it would be silly to not go injectors also?
If your going to get rid of it you could go second hand, but not if you intend to keep it, basically if you are happy with all other aspects of the vehicle, why not hang onto it. As Muzz says if there has been no problem with your injectors then no need to replace them at this time.

Do a google search for Bosch IP agents/repairers, there is one down the road from me so there could be one near you as well to contact and have a chat.

We don't know what your rough location is so it's hard to recommend a place. In the top RH corner of each post you can add a location by going into UserCP, this helps us to help you, you can see it in mine and Muzz's posts.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok yeh I will add a location, but for now it's brisbane Northside

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I will add a location. Brisbane Northside

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep just rang him and he is pretty confident that some thing in the pump has defiantly failed. Very helpful and nice guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts