·
Registered
nissan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there looking for some info on getting a lift kit on my patrol

i would like to go all out and only do everything once,

would like 5 inch, best flex i can get and still drive great on road,

could someone post the gear they have with prices and all that, i would love to run fox shocks
? but I'm not sure,

thanks for the help

Edward

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Hi Edward

That's a good way to go about it. But do you really need a 5" lift? A 3" lift with 33" or 35" tyres will see your truck going pretty much anywhere, and it's a lot easier to achieve that 'great on road' driving experience with a smaller lift. And a 3" lift is a lot easier to live with day to day, and if you really want good on-road manners then day to day practicality might trump outright off-road performance when it comes to what works for you.

You can't go wrong with Superior. Buds also has a good reputation but I have no personal experience with Buds gear.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Yea 5 is not needed. I have 4" and 37's and i still will be dropping back to a 3" next. Have never been out driven by a car because it had more lift, if that happens maybe ill change my opinion haha.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
There are times when a couple of extra inches of lift makes all the difference, the extra clearance and approach departure and ramp over angle improvement can mean the difference between clearing an obstacle or getting hung up.
Whether that justifies running a 5 inch lift over a 3 inch lift is up to the individual to decide, but there is no doubt that a 5 inch lifted Patrol will be more capable than a 3 inch lifted Patrol in some situations.

·
Registered
nissan
1,039 Posts
I went a buds 4inch front and rear long arms full fox shocks custom mounts drives excellent on road it isn't a flex monster but big flex is abit of **** factor id rather good stability. Id recommend buds least its abit diff to every man and his dog who jumps on superior gear for a fancy sticker

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
I went a buds 4inch front and rear long arms full fox shocks custom mounts drives excellent on road it isn't a flex monster but big flex is abit of **** factor id rather good stability. Id recommend buds least its abit diff to every man and his dog who jumps on superior gear for a fancy sticker
Do you really believe that's why people are buying Superior gear?

I think it's because they offer great products to a market which, untill recently, has been otherwise void of innovative products.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Depends what ur budget is but if u have a bit to spend and want a solid performer I'd be going to buddy and talkin turkey about some of the stuff he can make happen that superior just don't do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts