Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wanting info from people who have these as to what they are like. I have a GU ute that ive tried a few different suspension setups (multiple SS flexi coils) and just want to get it right.

im happy with its offroad performance but it has an innability to take bumps which i am putting down to the fact that i have drop boxes but not enough lift to justify them. The springs i have are supposed to be 4 inch but the rear looks like it is 2 and the front maybe 3.

im mainly wanting to smoothen out the ride for longer distance touring style trips. id have to get some new springs too as these flexi coils are giving me the ****s.

did you notice any change in on road manners? are swaybars needed? heavier coils due to the longer leverage point? any other things that are good/bad about them. im not interested in max flex just nicer driving off road.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
At least Buds do Patrol stuff now. It used to be Toyota, Toyota and Toyota.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
At least Buds do Patrol stuff now. It used to be Toyota, Toyota and Toyota.
True... but it can also be promises promises promises annnnd still no product 😦

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
I've got his front and rear long arms both diffs braced and shock towers raised 50mm and was in the workshop when they were working on it and I couldn't be more happy with the way they treated my car and the quality of work, the front arms made a really good change to my front end on road, I have them with superior 4" med coils and Amadas

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
I was running a rear sway bar but snapped a link so pulled it off and the car still handles nicely on road although I'll be going back to buddy for a currie sway bar on the rear axle

Reactions: lg 91

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah I just bought a fox steering dampener off them and wasn't impressed with delivery. After just over a week, I contacted and he said sorry it's still here and I'll over night it. Still nothing 2 days later so contacted again and was told it would be overnighted again. Still didn't get anything the next day. It rocked up today and did say overnight express on it so the second one wasn't really his fault but shouldn't of got to that stage.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I've started to read a few people aren't too happy with the flexis. So superior are the go? I've always not liked them because they are the big player in the field. Kind of why lots of people don't like iPhones.. I've only seen some of buds customs stuff on Facebook but his fabrication and welding look top notch.

Superior do the standard and super flex version - are there any down sides to super flex? I need the diff spaced forward too for tyre fitment

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
Superior's suspension designed by a bloody good engineer vs flexies designed by a plasterer. Have a wild stab in the dark as to which is better.
Hahahahahahaha TRUE

·
Registered
nissan
1,093 Posts
In his defence being a plasterer, or any tradie or of any other career doesn't mean they aren't capable in different fields. Like the majority of us.

I would like the ability, at least, to move my Superior arms forward 15mm so I'm not tearing my mudflaps off, I have to design/make some new bushes/mounts for my superior stabilisers etc!

They are all capable of great products with the occasional duh here and there.

But unfortunately here in Aus, logistics isn't one of our strong points! :rolleyes:

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Why don't you buy Superiors Radius arm spacers to push diff forward so no scrubbing

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats the one thing stopping me from going superiors at the moment. their price is good and the drop boxes seem a bit slimmer than buds giving slightly better ground clearance

so long arms are a good mod?

·
Registered
nissan
1,093 Posts
They are good but 35's will remove your mudflaps.

When I get around to it, I'll mod the mounting holes in my drop boxes to move them further forward.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts