Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ask them what testing was done to get ADR approval.......(there is no such thing......yet)

Apart from that its cheap & if it deflects one roo as speed it has paid for itself. Cant be weaker than an alloy bar.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Why would you want to pay $2600 for that (not fitted), when you can get an ARB deluxe winch bar for around $1800 fitted? And the ARB bar is guaranteed to be airbag compatible. I believe that the ARB bar meets the ADR requirements for bullbars, as currently specified in the ADRs.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
That would be the rrp, the auction starts at 500 and if theres no more bids after yours, thats how much you get it for

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why would you want to pay $2600 for that (not fitted), when you can get an ARB deluxe winch bar for around $1800 fitted? And the ARB bar is guaranteed to be airbag compatible. I believe that the ARB bar meets the ADR requirements for bullbars, as currently specified in the ADRs.

Cheers

Ray
I mised the RRP down the page.....buggered if I know how, its bold enough.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Cheers

Ray
I think the whole advert is mixed up.
I think the $2600 is for a rear bar as it mentions a fitting fee of $250 excluding electrical work and then goes on to talk about rear lights. Also fitting time is 5 hours?
It also states 'our rear bar meets design rule'.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would obviously only bid low if i were to bid, but if no one has any experiance with them i would just give it a miss and go for an arb or ironman

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
If they can't get a simple thing like an add/product description right, what hope have they of getting the actual product right?

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
I can never understand having a tow bar on the front.Must be for people that can't reverse or people that love road raging.Either way it just looks gay

·
Registered
430 Posts
I very much doubt it's welded in there.
I should imagine you can swap it front to back.

Probably, well you would hope not anyway.

I wonder about the idea of placing it so far to the right, you would not be able to sneak a trailer/boat/van down a skinny driveway with that offset. It would make seeing the left hand side easier though......

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
i would buy a ironman bullbar before i bought one of these powerfull4x4 ones. . . i can get the ironman deluxe winch-bar with foglights and led indicators for $1100

Andrew sells them both. . . ironman are twice as good IMO. i only bought the arb one because of the badge.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
i would buy a ironman bullbar before i bought one of these powerfull4x4 ones. . . i can get the ironman deluxe winch-bar with foglights and led indicators for $1100

Andrew sells them both. . . ironman are twice as good IMO. i only bought the arb one because of the badge.
I hate my Ironman Delux Bullbar as its weak as piss and is no way near as good as a delux ARB bar, however the Ironman is cheaper and though I have not seen the Powerfull Bullbar close up......I still hate the Ironman one.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
I hate my Ironman Delux Bullbar as its weak as piss and is no way near as good as a delux ARB bar, however the Ironman is cheaper and though I have not seen the Powerfull Bullbar close up......I still hate the Ironman one.
does yours have the alloy top hoops on it or is it all steel?

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Protector Bull Bar

As per my avitar mate, with the stainless hoops, its now called the Protector Bull bar which used to be called the Deluxe bar from what I read a while back?

Ironman 4x4 Protector Bullbars

The Deluxe commercial bar is a little ripper that I wish the previous owner had installed over the Protector Bar. Maybe they were not available when he had it installed?

Ironman 4x4 Deluxe Commercial Bullbars

I was thinking of removing the hoops for a better look?????????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts