Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
nissanpatrol
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents yes the bull bars are back on the agenda to be out lawed :mad: complete the survey via the link and help stop this lunacy. www.4wdcouncil.com.au cheers TAZ ;)

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
What a load of BS. Will not happen.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Done
If they banned 4wd bullbars, will they banned them for trucks as well or are they just discriminating against 4wd owners.
There is very little info on what changes are occurring and why?
I would love to know statistics on accident occurring with bullbars.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
Done come on everyone it's real easy and well worth it every little bit helps

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I just had a look at that site and it's so light on information that it's completely useless. Previously there was information available that stated bullbar design would be reviewed and those that didn't meet certain specifications would be not be legal. Bars currently manufactured by the likes of ARB were considered to meet the forthcoming regulations.

The VicRoads site covers most of the issues raised in the new legislation review: Bullbars : VicRoads and discusses bullbars that are considered acceptable/not acceptable.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
977 Posts
Done

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I just had a look at that site and it's so light on information that it's completely useless. Previously there was information available that stated bullbar design would be reviewed and those that didn't meet certain specifications would be not be legal. Bars currently manufactured by the likes of ARB were considered to meet the forthcoming regulations.

The VicRoads site covers most of the issues raised in the new legislation review: Bullbars : VicRoads and discusses bullbars that are considered acceptable/not acceptable.

Cheers

Ray
Sort of my line of thinking...

Furthemore these types of laws are not retrospective - so if you have one, you'll be able to keep it.

FWIW i think bars are unecessary if 99% of your driving is done in the city. Then again people don't buy 4x4s for this do they? Oh yeah, heaps do:confused:

THey cannot ban bars in general. Certaain cities may have the ability to ban them within the cbd - which MAY be justified.

I reiterate my point - it won't happen.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
I just wish they would have an extra unit on your licence test so you can drive a 4wd then you don't have to worry about all the other BS afterwards.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Done.
We should respond to surveys and the like, Mic and Ray, if nothing but to show our numbers and solidarity.

We are getting trounced on in this country (not just in 4x4 stuff) because of our apathy.
While our "she'll be right mate" attitude is to be admired in certain circumstances, it is of no use at all when we are being walked on!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Lots of links to 4 wheel drive shows/suppliers etc.

Enjoy the junk mail you just signed up for ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Done! Even if you don't think it should happen I reckon you should complete this! It's outrageous!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts