Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on My swag today and completed this survey.

"The Federal Government is presently considering adopting European regulations that relate to the design and safety performance of motor vehicles. It is the belief of the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Industry that it will not be possible to develop bull bars that will meet this European standard. Therefore full adoption of the standard is likely to lead to the banning of bull bars, and possibly other bumper mounted accessories such as winches and driving lights. Given the unique nature of Australian roads and conditions, it is the industry's belief that the European regulations are inappropriate for this country.

The Australian 4WD Industry is preparing submissions on this subject, and is collecting data on vehicle usage. By completing this short survey, you will be providing us with invaluable information on your experience as an Australian motorist.

For every completed survey, the 4WD Industry will be donating $1 to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, to a maximum total of $20,000. "

Bull Bars Under Threat

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Manufactures should start calling em "Kangaroo Bars", that way we can justify exactly why Europe don't need em, but we doo ! :D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Not everything EUROPEAN is better for Australian conditions....

Watch for the instant headline scruby within days on the Current tonight shows...

Edit: This is soley to do with Pedistrian Safety.. **** everyone else... how about the pedistrian council do something for once? how about spending some money on Adverts on TV?

REMEMBER THIS IS FRESH NEWS PEOPLE
June 2010 - BULLBARS UNDER THREAT

·
Registered
735 Posts
No matter how many times they try to get rid of bullbars off the roads, they can not back date it so if you car has one from factory they can not make you remove it or the old cars with out seat belts would have to be fitted with seat belts ect ect.... thats my thoughts and look at the country we live in it is much broarder and much more wild life then the European countries combined plus the rood and wombats would do more damage therefore costing insurance companies more money. This is always because some suit thinks that all 4wd's live in the city but most of them aren't even weekend warriors and just put all the "bling" and accessories on because they can and half of them wouldn't even know how to use the equipment fitted to the 4wd. As usual this is just my 2c.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
If they take away our bullbars how are we meant to run over the lefties?

hehehe :)

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
to many DO GOODERS in this country whinging about this and that and what about OH&S steel cap boots bright coloured vest hard hats now bull bars what next.HID LIGHTS to BRIGHT. OH&S DIDENT help my back poping out a disc or two all they were worried about was I in my vest and hard hat..

·
Registered
430 Posts
OK, I happen to know a bit abou this & I have posted extensively on 4x4 Australia (Roothyville?) forum. I won't reiterate as you can all use the net ? The thread over there has the same title.

I will say this, it won't be retrospective, it is still in it's infacncy stage with the aftermarket accessory supplies being asked for input, the Ece Regulation does not exist yet (remember development), it will apply to new vehicles prior to supply to the market (who knows how the states will handle aftermarket accessories) and the above survey is nothing but Today Tonight scaremongering.

Wait until the Department of Infrastructure puts it up for comment before you get worried ( nothing has been released yet).

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true FG but this is how it all starts ..... once pollies get an idea in their head that they can "save a life" and look like angels ... watch out ......

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just don't like how that survey is presented. There is absolutely no facts presented for anybody to make an informed decision.

P.S: I actually work at Infrastructure and I am bound by confidentiality rules. As soon as something becomes public I will post it but I can't see it anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,244 Posts
OK, I happen to know a bit abou this & I have posted extensively on 4x4 Australia (Roothyville?) forum. I won't reiterate as you can all use the net ? The thread over there has the same title.

I will say this, it won't be retrospective, it is still in it's infacncy stage with the aftermarket accessory supplies being asked for input, the Ece Regulation does not exist yet (remember development), it will apply to new vehicles prior to supply to the market (who knows how the states will handle aftermarket accessories) and the above survey is nothing but Today Tonight scaremongering.

Wait until the Department of Infrastructure puts it up for comment before you get worried ( nothing has been released yet).
Thanks for the info Fat Guts.

Can you please let us know when things change.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
bullbars need to be banned completely. Outlawed as they are dangerous to the squirrel nosed possum population and have been known to kill disabled children.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
ala bloody QLD pool fence safety certs. Once the pollies get an idea in their heads.
Watch your kids around a pool...don't farkin bitch about your neglect afterwards

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Doesn't matter, the industry and us 4wd owners need to kick up a stink straight away anyway.
Give them an inch or do nothing............................................................

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
will they rebate everyone who owns a bullbar? would certainly improve the resale value of bars on ebay if suddenly we had to hand them in and get a rebate.

my bullbar is crap, its probably only worth 200-300, but it would be worth a mint on paper under a buyback scheme.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did not know that kangaroos & emu
lived in europe. :doh::doh::doh:
bull bars / roo bars are for aussie conditions
& its cheaper to replace roo bars than standard
bumpers & thats from insurance companies
so they tell me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Daryl

1 - 20 of 30 Posts