Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finally bitten the bullet and decided I am not gunna blow $4200 on replacing my pooped injection pump, instead, for $800 more I have purchased a WHOLE 6.0L V8 (L77) and 6 speed auto, shifter assembly, wiring loom, computer, BCM, radiator, electronic cooling fans, fly by wire throttle pedal and loom and cruise control stalk. Money well spent I reccon.

Over the next month or 2 I hope to have some good progress shots of what I did and how I did it.

First pic is my rig at Fraser and the next 2 are of the current set up. ZD30, Manual, Cross Country intercooler, CC catch can, Dawes/needle/EGR blank, 2.5in stainless dump into 2.5in system, pyro, boost, holley blue lift pump.

I cant say I am gunna miss the old ZD, every time I drove it I never knew if it would blow up and thats just a feeliing I cant wait to get rid of, that being said it was never a problem for the first 155000km, then the pump dies and my lust for a V8 comes allive.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well its a big pic of a 3.0L and its motor only, When I put in the 6.0L and auto it will be one LOOOOONG assembly, I am going to have to do a few dummy fits so I am going to bite the bullet and remove my bullbar and cut my radiator support.

The second pic is me removing the clutch pedal assembly, THE WORST job so far, I reccon it was the first thing Nissan installed then built everything else around it. Didnt help that my TA fell asleep on the job LOL.

Attachments

Reactions: kblof

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,101 Posts
Good choice, The big V8's are an awesome motor.
Grunt everywhere and good fuel economy if you drive sensibly. But having 270kw isn't any fun if you're sensible :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
A mate of mine (Russ81 on here) did this same conversion about two years ago and he loves it! More power, better economy, and it sounds absolutely amazing!!

I will be keeping an eye on this one!

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
X2dummy fits, mine achieved about 4 before it stayed in there hehe.
Perseverence is key, and measure twice cut once.

Goodluck

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Looks like a great project, thanks for sharing with us :)

Reactions: 05_ENFORCER

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Watching with interest with how you go with the 6spd auto. Not many people use it, but i think it would be an awesome idea.

Reactions: 05_ENFORCER

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, prolly not much progress this weekend but My missus was nice enough to order and pay for my Marks transmission adaptor kit, she's alright ay!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
200 Posts
I can't remember if its the 6.0l or 6.2l where two cylinders shut off when cruising on the highway I've always thought if my td42 **** itself id find that one and throw her in would make for a good tourer!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's one of the 6.0l versions (L76, L77, L98 or LS2) but don't know which one exactly that has
the AFM "active fuel management" which shuts down cylinders, I thinks it's the L76. When I started researching this conversion I thought there was just a LS1, LS2 and LS3, boy was I wrong LOL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this is what $5050 get you delivered to your nearest depot - An L77 6.0L V8/6 speed auto from a VE SS Commodore, matching radiator, twin thermos, all required wiring looms, ECU, BCM, cruise control stalk, fly by wire throttle pedal, shifter assembly and linkage :naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And this was a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home, I wasnt expecting it till the end of the week, another $1050ish delivered to my door from Marks Adaptors.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,450 Posts
Well this is what $5050 get you delivered to your nearest depot - An L77 6.0L V8/6 speed auto from a VE SS Commodore, matching radiator, twin thermos, all required wiring looms, ECU, BCM, cruise control stalk, fly by wire throttle pedal, shifter assembly and linkage :naughty:
Can ya PM me the info on the package deal bud?

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PM Sent

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I got the Marks kit and read the instructions. They say to measure from the face of the rear housing 85mm then mark it and cut it. But there are 2 faces (with about 10mm difference) so I kinda went of the pic in their instructions. Worst case I will need to trim another 10mm off the shaft. MUCH easier than putting 10mm back onto the shaft LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So anyone that has done the 6 speed auto conversion did you cut about this much off or did you cut off about 10mm more?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts