223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to check this place out. Can anyone tell me what this place is like
Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
332 Posts
Hey wompa did you check Bungabee out? I have been there but couldn't really remember where the tracks were, and it was raining like buggery. We found a sik hill climb near Uki though took us almost two days to do as we killed a gu's clutch and had to winch it out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we had a crack at finding the tracks yesterday. Had to drive up a few properties to get directions but we finally got there. As we were driving in I stopped a guy towing 2 dirt bikes and asked him about the area. He said it was Awsome and there is some sick as driving in there but he just saw a police car go in and since his bikes werent registered he was not going in. We proceeded on only to find 4 cop cars and 3 ranger cars blocking the entry point lol.

Ranger was cool and explained that police were doing a blitz on un registered bikes in the state forest and normally 4wd r sweet to go in ( he even said, looking at our convoy "well, u definately have the right gear to go in" lol) but the tracks were closed due to rain.

Bit disappointing but at least we made the effort and most likely have found another area we can add to our list. So yeah we went but no we did not get to go in lol

·
Registered
nissan
332 Posts
Sweet. If your going back out at all give me a yell if you want another truck around, and we'll give you some notice if we're heading out anywhere if your keen?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah sweet as mate. definately keen to explore that area. the ranger just said to keep in touch with the national parks people to see if there are any current track closures before we venture down again lol. either way definately keen for a run

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
Digging up an old thread. What road to you head down to get to the gates? Is it Olivers Rd???

Al

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
If you're coming from Lismore on Bentley Road turn off at the dairy, over the bridge and left at the T intersection. Keep heading up the road and you can't miss the entry on the right.

I'm not promoting the site below, but here's a few tracks mapped out. Haven't been out there for years, but it's good fun. Alot of tracks and good hillclimbs are rutted out pretty badly from all the bikes that head out there.

Bungabee State Forest - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts