Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I was moving cars around at home yesty and got my old man to move my gq, as he stoped I noticed the rear axle rock and once he put the hand brake on it did it again. I jumped underneath and fount the 11mm lower superior arms had flogged out bushes. they are not that old as I got the when I turboed it and droped the suspension which was only little over a yr ago now and has done more on road driving then anything.
so im just wondering what would cause them to fail so soon? I got them thru suspension stuff.
they seem really soggy if that makes sense but the left is the worse.

im thinking of upgrading to long arms in the rear due to a full flex the shocks rub on the coils anything else I could do to limit the shocks touching the coils?

cheers jc

·
Registered
nissan
197 Posts
i was watching some of superiors videos on youtube, and they mentioned when you put new suspension arms in, you are supposed to put the car on the ground under its own weight before doing up the mounting bolts to their final tension. they said that if the bolts are done up tight when the car is jacked up that the bushes will bind up and fail prematurely. maybe that is what you have done to yours and its caused them to fail early?

Reactions: warthog

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm interesting. unfortunately I didn't fit them as I didn't have the time to at the time and got the shop to do it.
so that is quite possibly what has happened

cheers

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
My roadrunner arm bushes failed in 12 months they are really soft crap bushes superior might be using the same rubbish? The arms are strong as just need genuine nissan bushes fitting to them they last forever.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My roadrunner arm bushes failed in 12 months they are really soft crap bushes superior might be using the same rubbish? The arms are strong as just need genuine nissan bushes fitting to them they last forever.
cheers mate yeah haven't had an issue with the arms and I thought the came with genuine bushes obviously not aye

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
my superflex arm bushes lasted 1 4x4 trip less than 1000kms

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
wow that's bad. my buds long arm bushes are doing great
apparently superior were trying a "genuine after market" bush
they are sending some "genuine" bushes over to replace them with

see how that turns out :)

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Yep they sold me some genuine bushes in a plain packet when i rang they said they were genuine but i found no nissan number on them so who knows.

·
Registered
nissan
11,150 Posts
they are getting their own bushes made. same spec as genuine as far as sizes go but not genuine rubber.
also worth noting that unless the original washers are used or better cups for the forward bush on the rear of the arms they will split and fail very easily.
but genuine nissan bushes are fairly cheap and they last well if setup correctly.
Radius Arm Bush Cup
these really help

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
apparently superior were trying a "genuine after market" bush
they are sending some "genuine" bushes over to replace them with

see how that turns out :)
Ah that is interesting, they never bothered to tell me that when I complained that the bush in the lower part of the superflex arm failed after 12 months. They insisted they are Genuine. But that was the sales guy not Mick so who knows the real story.

In the superflex arms one bush is smaller and it is the same as the rear trailing arm bush so it seems to rip out too easily.

The rear I have were Roadrunner and have failed after three years. But the new Roadrunner bushes just fitted don't look any better despite them saying they are "Genuine".

Like the "genuine imitation" watches they sell in Bali I spose.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Superior have gone back to real genuine bushes in lots of their products, but when your paying 1200 for arms and 280 bucks of that's just bushes it's easy to see why they wanted a cheaper option. Hard to get in huge quantities too I believe, but yeah it sucks and is very frustrating!

I've bought "genuine" bushes from roadrunner a couple times too and got imitation ones.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I buy genuine bushes off Nizzbits only place you know are genuine.
ok cool cheers

cheers guys for the replys at least I know its not the only one that's done it.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Jamie do you own shares in Superior or have some under the table hand shake going on ??.
Was waiting for that lol, right on que.

Admittedly I was annoyed too when some of my bushes flogged out quick, but after jumping on the phone and calling them, I got the other side of the story, which is undertandable, and new genuine bushes in the post. More effective than whinging on forums.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Admittedly I was annoyed too when some of my bushes flogged out quick, but after jumping on the phone and calling them, I got the other side of the story, which is undertandable, and new genuine bushes in the post. More effective than whinging on forums.
haha yeah that's it. I was just chasing info tho haha

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts

Harmeless banter my friend and very correct in what your saying its best to take it up with the supplier first, but also forums are useful to identify with others if this is a one of or something that might be a trend.

Unfortunately many would be unaware how to tell the difference between the genuine and non genuine, personally even if they all come from the same factory there is still subtle differences they actually rate them in classes as to the quality.

All superior and roadrunner gear I have bought has been genuine bushes, if I can find the time a useful thread may include photos of the bushes with the Nissan part numbers usually with a VB000XXXXXX moulded into the rubber.

I always buy bushes through Ferntree gully Nissan, they also have an eBay site called Partsweb, there prices are great free postage along with Patrolapart they will both usually do a much better price if you ask nicely, or buy enough gear your on a first name basis.

Nissan Patrol Y60 Front Rear Panhard ROD Bushes NEW | eBay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts