Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight men trapped by floodwaters | Herald Sun

These are most likely the guys that were on the other side of the Crooked River where we camped the second night. Even then it looked like they were staying for the duration.

Cheers

Ray

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Eight men trapped by floodwaters | Herald Sun

These are most likely the guys that were on the other side of the Crooked River where we camped the second night. Even then it looked like they were staying for the duration.

Cheers

Ray
If they were Canadian they would be responsible for the flood water and yes they'd be looking for a few more 18 wheelers of beer to get them through the next 24 hrs. :evillaug:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe we should make an agreement. If any patrol4x4 members are stranded whoever lives closest has to do a beer run ;)

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Okay M8s. I am stuck across the pond and I only have two beers left in the garage fridge. I kind of got fond of that ABC beer you have on that side of the pond when I was in Timor. Why not row me over a few slabs of that until the level in the pond drops enough for me to drive and get some? :)

·
Rogue
20,643 Posts
Okay M8s. I am stuck across the pond and I only have two beers left in the garage fridge. I kind of got fond of that ABC beer you have on that side of the pond when I was in Timor. Why not row me over a few slabs of that until the level in the pond drops enough for me to drive and get some? :)
ABC? Whats that? It musthave been around before the late 80's or 90's or not avaliable in Aus? I have not ever heard of it.

EDIT: Can't find it on boozle
http://www.boozle.com.au/search/ABC

·
Part of the furniture around here
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the Channel 7 chopper brought the guys snags, beans and noodles, but no beer. How cruel!

Cheers

Ray

·
Banned
616 Posts
Canuck me old mate.
Iv lived in New York, Los Angeles, London, Sydney and Perth (amongst others). I feel I am qualified to tell you that the pond is the Atlantic, not the pacific. lol.
As for ABC beer...WTF ?? lol
Cheers.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
I guess you must have import restrictions there or none of your boys who served in East Timor bothered to tell you about it. Sometimes it better to keep good beer a secrete...

As for the pond, the Atlantic isn't a pond. It's a ditch.

·
Rogue
20,643 Posts
We have too many beers in Aus as it is, im sure they're not goning to import another to 20 people

·
Banned
616 Posts
I guess you must have import restrictions there or none of your boys who served in East Timor bothered to tell you about it. Sometimes it better to keep good beer a secrete...

As for the pond, the Atlantic isn't a pond. It's a ditch.

No, your wrong mate.

Taken from Wikipedia.
Atlantic Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"some idioms refer to the Atlantic ocean in a humorously diminutive way as the Pond, describing both the geographical and cultural divide between North America and Europe, in particular between the English-speaking nations of both continents. Many British people refer to the USA and Canada as "across the pond", and vice versa.[2]"

As for the beer it clearly states " Archipeligo brewry Company.
Be happy to send an Aussie beer anytime, maybe some two Dogs. Tastes like sh*t but the name makes up for it somewhat. lol.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Say as you will M8 but living in BC, I have always referred to the Pacific as the Pond and the Atlantic as the Ditch. I see this slang dictionary calls the Pacific the Lake: Urban Dictionary: across the lake. The meaning of slang can vary from place to place - even within this small country of Canada.

BTW, I never did say ABC was Aussie beer. Just that it is from your side of the Pond, Lake, Toilet Bowl or water ever you want to call it. :cheers:

No, your wrong mate.

Taken from Wikipedia.
Atlantic Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"some idioms refer to the Atlantic ocean in a humorously diminutive way as the Pond, describing both the geographical and cultural divide between North America and Europe, in particular between the English-speaking nations of both continents. Many British people refer to the USA and Canada as "across the pond", and vice versa.[2]"

As for the beer it clearly states " Archipeligo brewry Company.
Be happy to send an Aussie beer anytime, maybe some two Dogs. Tastes like sh*t but the name makes up for it somewhat. lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts