Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went back to proper shoes after spending the Summer in sandals. Wow! What a change. Sore ankles, sore leg muscles and sore lower back. My whole skellington has been re-aligned.

I did it in the first instance because I was getting a bit of ankle pain. Obviously not enough support from the sandals. I don't think I'll wear them again.

From now on it's the real deal, proper shoes and for anything sporty it'll be Reeboks or Converse or Nike.

Anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Fascinating stuff, I'm so glad you shared that with us on a Patrol forum.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Yeah Esty, how dare you use GC, for the posting of topics not related to Patrols & 4wding, to make a thread about how important good footware is!

:p

Completely agree anyway. Hence why I won't pause at all if I need to buy new work boots at any price at any time. Though when it comes to thongs, I've become completely hooked on the ones that use the hills & valleys foam, the Rockos brand if anyone else has seen them around. Love 'em to bits, next time I find somewhere that stocks any pairs of size 13, I'm going to town on stocking up! (I know you can buy them direct from Rockos, but servos sell 'em for half their price for what the heck sake!)

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Aint nothing like a good comfy set of boots when you're out and about Esty, I can go all day in a comfy boot. :)

Thongs and sandals make you shuffle more, bad for posture, especially as you get older.

It is a wisdom that is unknown to the youth, so pay no mind to the young punks above ... ;)

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Aint, nothing like a good comfy set of boots when you're out and about Esty, I can go all day in a comfy boot. :)

Thongs and sandals make you shuffle more, bad for posture, especially as you get older.

It is a wisdom that is unknown to the youth, so pay no mind to the young punks above ... ;)
You might be able to go all day in a gay set of boots but bet you can't go all night without your gay boots

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,656 Posts
I only ever buy good boots as I walk up to 10km a day on concrete. Boots that require running in will never touch my feet again. Blundstone all day every day.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Definitely the right shoes for the right situation.
Work boots for work no question about it.
Running sneakers for running and flat sport shoes for the gym. Try to do a back squat in a pair of running shoes and good form goes out the window.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU iii
434 Posts
I kinda expected this to be about brakes or tyres :cool:

I totally agree, my physio told me to never wear pluggas/sandals when walking more than a KM.

Work boots - Oliver composite lightweight

Shoes - Zamberlan hiking boots - most comfortable ever

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,113 Posts
And the same can be said for underware;)

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
What is underware, is it from sitting too long?

Yep, boots and underwear when I am out in the world.

Sandals and commando at home :p

Reactions: Foo

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Fascinating stuff, I'm so glad you shared that with us on a Patrol forum.

And we're only to glad to see, read and respond to such topics in "general'"
And especially from esty

At least he isnt winging about a $2 bearing in a 1/2 page essay that has
Been placed in "General"
When it is meant for " General Patrol Discussion" section

Come over to Melb ., so i can wipe your tears.

·
Registered
nissan
233 Posts
Very well put LJ.

Yes Esty from bitter experience I totally agree.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
People who wear sandals get what they deserve
Double so if walk socks are involved.

Skegbudley i hated the one pair of blundstones I bought, very hard soles and felt like it took forever to wear in. Steel blues for me.

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
People who wear sandals get what they deserve
Double so if walk socks are involved.

Skegbudley i hated the one pair of blundstones I bought, very hard soles and felt like it took forever to wear in. Steel blues for me.
Anyone seen walking in sandals or thongs with socks on should immediately sent back to pommie land for insulting Australian culture.

A real Australian would never do such a thing ... :D

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you mean that it is perfectly OK to display an uncovered emu foot to the world at large?

·
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Yes, we Aussies are proud of our plates of meat and want all the world to know it.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,506 Posts
i wear woolly socks with my flip flops. when i go outside for a short time when its raining or sunny. much easier than putting shoes or boots on for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I love my RM Williams dress boots.

Used to love Blundys when they were made in Tassie, now they're rubbish Chines junk.

Crocs thongs are great for summer, they have some moulded form and don't slip on wet surfaces because they have real grip.

I have never been seen in public or private with sandals......what are they again?

:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts