Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im looking at buying a 3" suspension lift within the next month, Im only an L plater and this is my first car i dont really have a clue on what im doing but ill give it a shot. I only want to spend around $1000 does anyone know what a good deal would be ?

My front end is going to be pretty heavy because of my bullbar with side steps and side rails, spotties, 2 way radio and radio ariel's, roof racks etc.

plus a TD 4.2 motor

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
call shane at suspension stuff, running his 3" flexy coils and 5" shocks. Works really well nothing extreme but perfect height i reckon. You will have to spend a bit more than a thousand unless you buy second hand, as you need adjustable panhards, castor correction bushes, brake hoses possible longer lowers.

Theres some pics in my build thread if you want to have a look, shoot us a pm if you wanna know more.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
Obviously you will need Springs & Shocks, Ride Pro is good gear that can be had a realistic price, You will need 1 brake line, and caster correction as a minimum,

Caster correction can be bushes (which is cheaper) stay with rubber, Or
Caster plates (personally dislike them) or
Drop Boxes (personally love them) but are one of the more expensive options.

Then when you have the cash there is a whole other list of stuff for you, wether you change it before you break it, or fix what you break ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously you will need Springs & Shocks, Ride Pro is good gear that can be had a realistic price, You will need 1 brake line, and caster correction as a minimum,

Caster correction can be bushes (which is cheaper) stay with rubber, Or
Caster plates (personally dislike them) or
Drop Boxes (personally love them) but are one of the more expensive options.

Then when you have the cash there is a whole other list of stuff for you, wether you change it before you break it, or fix what you break ;)
call shane at suspension stuff, running his 3" flexy coils and 5" shocks. Works really well nothing extreme but perfect height i reckon. You will have to spend a bit more than a thousand unless you buy second hand, as you need adjustable panhards, castor correction bushes, brake hoses possible longer lowers.

Theres some pics in my build thread if you want to have a look, shoot us a pm if you wanna know more.

Cheers
Hi mate, i paid for a 3in ride-pro lift and tough dog adjustable steering dampner, included new bushes and castor correction which you will need. Cost 1800 bucks fitted. Do it yourself and save some bucks.

Thankyou fella's, im only 17 my GQ is a first car, i was thinking off getting all the equipment pay by pay and once ive gotten it all try and do it myself with a few mates help.

I know its gonna be hard and take a while though :(

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Thankyou fella's, im only 17 my GQ is a first car, i was thinking off getting all the equipment pay by pay and once ive gotten it all try and do it myself with a few mates help.

I know its gonna be hard and take a while though :(

Cheers
Hey mate

Ive been hanging out for about 10 months for my 3", current stock gear is sagged badly.
Glad i waited/couldnt afford it then, because now suspension stuff have flexi coils :) Spending a bit on the truck when i get tax back. Lift, tyres, snorkel an maybe a locker.

Once ya spend the cash you wont be spending it again soon.

---
- Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
double post

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
212 Posts
x2 on shane from suspension stuff i am running his 3" flexi kit with 6" shocks he sells a complete kit everything you need

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Mate I've done the hole buy part by part each pay, but that kinda sucks unless you put your mind to it. IE right now you're keen on a 3" lift but then in a couple months you may go **** I want 5" shocks which you'll need at least an extra grand worth of bits and bobs to use these shocks etc.

3" will be great for a start. Just remember your first 4by will be either crashed, dinged, written off. So watch out for insurance and going over board.

Don't be afraid in asking people questions and/or searching the forum for 3" lift. You'd be amazed at what results you get.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Mate I've done the hole buy part by part each pay, but that kinda sucks unless you put your mind to it. IE right now you're keen on a 3" lift but then in a couple months you may go **** I want 5" shocks which you'll need at least an extra grand worth of bits and bobs to use these shocks etc.

3" will be great for a start. Just remember your first 4by will be either crashed, dinged, written off. So watch out for insurance and going over board.

Don't be afraid in asking people questions and/or searching the forum for 3" lift. You'd be amazed at what results you get.
who are you and what have you done with deccers????

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey mate

Ive been hanging out for about 10 months for my 3", current stock gear is sagged badly.
Glad i waited/couldnt afford it then, because now suspension stuff have flexi coils :) Spending a bit on the truck when i get tax back. Lift, tyres, snorkel an maybe a locker.

Once ya spend the cash you wont be spending it again soon.

---
- Rick
That sounds good, i havent got my liscense until another 3 months still doing the whole 6 months probation thing, i only got a patrol to use for fourby'ing and getting out on a great weekend other wise i would of bought a gay car,

everything that you want is what i want but too bad im only a First year $350 a week :D

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
x2 on shane from suspension stuff i am running his 3" flexi kit with 6" shocks he sells a complete kit everything you need
Iv'e been on there website mate they seem good but so far im just checking stuff out i have 500 saved and only earning 350 a week i think im doing pretty good so far,

another couple of weeks and ill be ordering :eek::D

-Mick

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Cheers mate ive been looking around and asking around, its been helping me out heaps since i thougfht you needed a bigger coil to a smaller shock :p

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Laby is your friend. You can take as long as you need to pay it off.
ay with your flexy kits how are they on wight, i have a full steel bullbar side scrubs side steps, roof rack, spotties, and a TB42 motor?

cheers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The flexy coils are great with weight. They have a variable spring rate so they are perfect with whatever load you have. Eg For the rear 260lbs for alloy tray ute, 290lbs for empty wagon, 340lbs for 200kg and 400lbs for 500kg. We still need to know what weight you carry most of the time though.
I have spent 4 years and 50+ designs to get to the point that I now think they are perfect.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For the front you don't get as much variation so they are 270lbs when unloaded and 290lbs with a winch.
Sounds good mate, im liking the sounds of these flexy's but only looking to pay around a grand or so max,

i have a lwb patrol gq wagon empty in the back but heavy at the front is there any chance i could get a quote on these flexy's just too see how much im looking at?

cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
Sounds good mate, im liking the sounds of these flexy's but only looking to pay around a grand or so max,

i have a lwb patrol gq wagon empty in the back but heavy at the front is there any chance i could get a quote on these flexy's just too see how much im looking at?

cheers
If ya gonna limit it to $1000 you will probably be replacing it or having sag within 6-12 months.

Shanes 3" flexi is $1190 i think, just gotta modify bump stops an straighten steering wheel. I looked at getting cheaper goods through ironman i think it was, cheap as chips but didnt wanna have sagging dramas. Spend a bit more for investment sake i reckon.

Even tho the missus is gonna kill me, im hoping to spend $4000 on the truck shortly. Screw the wedding an house deposite...

---
- Rick

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If ya gonna limit it to $1000 you will probably be replacing it or having sag within 6-12 months.

Shanes 3" flexi is $1190 i think, just gotta modify bump stops an straighten steering wheel. I looked at getting cheaper goods through ironman i think it was, cheap as chips but didnt wanna have sagging dramas. Spend a bit more for investment sake i reckon.

Even tho the missus is gonna kill me, im hoping to spend $4000 on the truck shortly. Screw the wedding an house deposite...

---
- Rick
hello mate yeah i dont mind spending another 200 or what not but i deffianlty dont want any sag problems or suspension fk ups, as soon as i get my liscense ill be out all the time

1 - 20 of 32 Posts