• Bitch

Votes: 33 47.8%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, its been a few years since i had one, and i want one bad. . . . so iv decided to get another blue heeler. iv had em before so im familiar with the breed and their quirks, -i love them. and they are quite suited to my lifestyle,

iv found a breeder, i like his dogs, and work ethic, and iv said ill take one, iv gotta go over and pay in the next few days, the litters should be born this-or next week, and ill be able to have mine in feb sometime,

only one question remains. . . dog or bitch?

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
If you're going to desex it, i'd say either. If you're not going to (which i strongly advise you to do regardless of sex) go with a bitch. Less trouble with agression; and its easier to train an 'entire' bitch than an entire dog.

Dogs are awesome - put loads of effort in and you'll never have to hit your dog! Good luck mate, and be sure to post some pictures up when you get it!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Its easiler to train a bitch than a male. But I don't know about them not being as aggressive.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Its easiler to train a bitch than a male. But I don't know about them not being as aggressive.
Entire that is... But that's from my experiences... That said don't EVER EVER EVER get two bitches.. .I did :( I can see where the term 'bitchfight' comes from!

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Another cattle dog owner
Yippee

Male,female doesnt matter
Ive had my 3 oldest over 10 years ,the pup is 3
2 of each and they all have different attitudes

Which ones more loyal , well the males show a touch more loyalty

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and paid this morning, 2 litters have arrived, another 3 in the next week or so. . . . . iv put myself down for a male(with option to pay more and get a female if i decide to), its what the breeder recommended for me, because im in the bush a lot, a male is a bit more robust in body and easy going in personality,

iv had bitches, and although they are attentive, and loving, they are also bitches, they fight, and are more territorial than males. and also more likely to be jealous of anyone im close to(girlfriend, kids etc -heaven forbid). not to mention one of my mates i spend a heap of time with has a border collie bitch, and i want-need them to get along, not fight, . . . .

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
One of each is not an option. We've got both and both are fixed and the best of friends.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, -i got to meet my dog for the first time today. . . he is beautiful.:p we are going to spend a lot of time together in the next 10-15years.:coffeeti:

Attachments

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
So, -i got to meet my dog for the first time today. . . he is beautiful.:p we are going to spend a lot of time together in the next 10-15years.:coffeeti:

COUGHgayCOUGH!

nah well done mate,
a bluey is by far an awesome bread!

if you have the time, teach him to use his nose..
ie, water and food :) for both, you and him! haha

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Great looking pup mate!

I'd love to have a dog but I don't think it's fair where I live.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
If she bites on the first date, take her back!

Isnt a male dog known as a mongrel, a female a bitch, and an IT when they have their various peaches picked?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If she bites on the first date, take her back!

Isnt a male dog known as a mongrel, a female a bitch, and an IT when they have their various peaches picked?
I thought a 'mongrel' was just a dog of mixed breed.
Could be wrong though.

Oh, and note to self......don't show my girlfriend photo's of blue healer puppies again! ;-)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
nah ur right spider, a mongeral is mixed breads if im not mistaken usually more than 2 breeds

1 - 20 of 56 Posts