Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to spend around 10k on a new car in the next 3 months and im tryin to decide between a manual, petrol GU or GQ. is there much mechanical difference between the 2 models?
are the mods for the GQ cheaper?

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
if you only have 10 grand to spend definately get a gq. any Gu for that amount probably wouldn't be worth looking at. and a gq is a great car to modify.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Do bitta searching on here
You wont find many GQs in good nick for under 10 K
(theres plenty around,but most are crap)
Diesel GQs are commanding good money so are the TB42 EFIs
The cheaper end GQs are the RB30 ,RD28T or the TB42 carb

The cheaper end GUs (RD28 ) can be had for real cheap,without starting another debate do research on these first

Really depends do you want petrol or diesel
Do you want to spend every 2nd weekend fixing the car or do you pay the extra and just enjoy

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice guys. Thought this would be the best place to ask. I prefer the look of the GQ anyway. Ive been told to stay away from the 3L engines though. is there any particular things/models i should be looking for or avoiding?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
thanks for the advice guys. Thought this would be the best place to ask. I prefer the look of the GQ anyway. Ive been told to stay away from the 3L engines though. is there any particular things/models i should be looking for or avoiding?
I think your advice may be for the early GU's with 3.0 diesels they (allegedly) can have problems (allegedly).

Going the GQ? Clearly a man of taste! ;)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Yes ,as troy says go drive one make your own desicion

Ive had 1 (GU 2.8 ),fortunately i will never own 1 again
(as well as many others)

Depending for which your buying it for,save your money and get the larger engine first up
A few are paying mid teens for good GQs
They are a very capable 4x4 and are a very popular model,hence the prices they are acheiving
Seemingly attracting better money than some GUs

A bitta reading on here will help with prices
Im surprised what people are paying for a good GQ,although i paid a bit for mine,and it took a while to get
Set your limit and begin the search

1 - 8 of 8 Posts