Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a 2.8L converted it to the RB30...! Always wanted a TD42 but the only thing that put me off was having an injector pump go on me or the injectors buggering up!!! I absolutely love the sound and tuffness of the Patrols, but don't want to be paying good money for a crappy thing that will cost me more dollars!!!!! Basically getting at how often do the injector pumps fail???

·
Registered
nissan gu td42t
625 Posts
Some people will have done around half a million kilometres before getting their pumps and injectors rebuild. They never really fail, just wear out.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Mate I have never had an IP instantly fail on any of my TD42's. They go out kicking and screaming mate, and give you plenty of warning and time to do something about it. The pump may start leaking and the engine run a bit rougher than usual, but rarely do they stop you in your tracks. As long as you read the signs.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
As above. And only the zd30 pumps fail suddenly resulting in a 2000 dollar tow. I have seen a couple of 1hz toyotas not start because of the solenoid failing but thats 2 in 30 years of being a mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts