Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a used 2010 Patrol that seems to be all above board so far. Recently, I got an RACQ check on the vehicle (did not reveal any major issues), and they reported that the build plate was not fitted (although it was visualised - he commented that it was just in the glove box - and a photo of this was taken as part of the report). From what I can tell, the VIN on the build plate matches the VIN on the compliance sticker (which is on the car) and on the PPSR report, but am a little bit suss as to why the build plate has been removed (I’ve read this is illegal in some states?). The owner said it was like that when he purchased the vehicle a few years ago, so couldn’t comment any further as to why it’s missing. I am worried the vehicle or engine may have been in an accident, or something else more sinister is going on... A CarHistory report did not reveal anything out of the ordinary. Any help from you legends would be awesome, as I’m quite stressed about it. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
Yep, sounds suss to me too.

Good thing it isn't my car. And it doesn't need to be yours either. Plenty to choose from out there.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,119 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a used 2010 Patrol that seems to be all above board so far. Recently, I got an RACQ check on the vehicle (did not reveal any major issues), and they reported that the build plate was not fitted (although it was visualised - he commented that it was just in the glove box - and a photo of this was taken as part of the report). From what I can tell, the VIN on the build plate matches the VIN on the compliance sticker (which is on the car) and on the PPSR report, but am a little bit suss as to why the build plate has been removed (I’ve read this is illegal in some states?). The owner said it was like that when he purchased the vehicle a few years ago, so couldn’t comment any further as to why it’s missing. I am worried the vehicle or engine may have been in an accident, or something else more sinister is going on... A CarHistory report did not reveal anything out of the ordinary. Any help from you legends would be awesome, as I’m quite stressed about it. Thank you so much!
Thanks,but no thanks,something not quite right.

·
Registered
NISSAN
13 Posts
Thanks,but no thanks,something not quite right.
Hi Ryan.
It's very easy to check if it is legitimate or not. The VIN is stamped onto the chassis rail below the drivers door. If both numbers match, all should be OK. If not, walk away.
Good luck,
Ray.

·
Registered
nissan
521 Posts
I agree with the old bugger number two.
We used to cut the VIN sticker off cars with tin snips when replacing body sides and just put it in the glovebox.
As long as the VIN is stamped in the chassis and is the same as the rego papers you need not be too concerned.
You can even rego cars without VIN Plates if they have the VIN stamped on chassis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make this photo, I check the vin with pictures using the service damage check tool. I think it's suspicious when the sign is in the glove compartment. I would look at another option actually

1 - 6 of 6 Posts