Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a song that had a big impact when it was released. It has been analysed many times. The changing world is well described.

Recently, Don McLean was asked what it meant. He said: 'It meant that I'll never have to work again,'

I admire his honesty.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
And that will not happen soon, the other day he sold the original lyric worksheet for US$1.2 milion

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
Then said article you speak of did explain a little more than not having to ever work again if he so wished. There was also something about extra verses that never made it into the song AFAIK.

I'm not sure we will ever have such a defining of the times song again. Time will tell of course.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Then said article you speak of did explain a little more than not having to ever work again if he so wished. There was also something about extra verses that never made it into the song AFAIK.

I'm not sure we will ever have such a defining of the times song again. Time will tell of course.
If you were talkin ta me ... ;)

I agree, will be a hard one to top.

But the article I read said nothing about not having to work again.

I just assumed, which is never good a good thing to do, that he got along on the royalties.

It gets played a lot.

Did he make money other ways?

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
I sis a search for the article I read not long after posting the above. It seems there are a number of articles that have come out in the last week or two about it.

None being the one I read, I gave up and when one my merry way. It's out there somewhere and if I come across it again I'll put the link up here.

Rest assured the comment was made! However I do believe the royalties would be good enough that it would support him rather nicely if that's what he chose to do.

Unfortunately songs of today, have lost all true meaning that they used to portray back in the day. :(

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I preferred the song "like a rolling stone" Dylan.

He was a weird cat :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

You're welcome mate. I had no real idea what you guys had been reading, but I recalled reading these articles a few days ago and thought it might shed some light. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts