Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G’day all,
Been on the forum for a while and been driving patrols since i first got my drivers licence. Started out in a petrol gq before getting a td42 gq. Eventually sold that and drove a corolla around for a while until around 2 years ago the mrs twisted my arm into getting another patrol. So i looked around for a while, i was chasing a S4 with a 3L and a manual if possible.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

eventually found a 2008 with just over 230x on the clock and relatively untouched

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice car mate have had my 08 st manual wagon for nearly 5 years and put 90k on it with alot of $$$ on maintanance and mods and couldn't picture owning anything else!!! If your interested in a tune hit up modified diesel performance in Rockingham, cheaper than you may think too!!!

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the first thing i did to the patrol was fit some vdo gauges to monitor boost and EGTs. Not long after i had surgery to fix a shoulder issue (got to love mountain bikes😬) so i took the patrol for its first trip to kalbarri while i was off work for rehab. Turns out sleeping in a swag with a busted shoulder wasnt the best idea. Who would have thought.
Sky Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

And its first time on the beach
Sky Water Tire Wheel Automotive carrying rack

I was still figuring things out after owning a few gqs but the gu was running well. It averaged around 14.5LPH and drove well. The brakes were one thing that were pretty average though. So i changed them out for dba slotted rotors and XP pads. Much better. Even the mrs said they were alot better haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
What power did it make mate? I got 175hp and 470nm. Has been tuned for prolly last 40k or so and been nothing but reliable!!! That pic on the beach is nice mate that gutter looks like an awesome fishing spot!!! I live down south so mine sees a LOT of beach time they love it haha

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After the Kalbarri trip i fitted some 33” KM3s and changed the shocks out for koni 82s. Much better than the tough dogs they replaced. I had a slight leak from the valve cover gasket so i replaced that. While i was there i replaced the glow plugs, removed the injectors and had them tested and did a compression test just for interest sake. Both the injector test and comp test came back well within specs. Happy days. I then replaced the factory intercooler with a cross country ultimate as it was leaking like a sieve (surprise, surprise).

We were planning on heading to the bilbunya dunes with the in laws later that year so i fitted a gme xrs370 uhf, diesel pre filter and provent catch can. Then i talked to Dave at Modified Diesel Performance and booked it in for an Alpha Tech Super Storm. I also replaced the intake with a Fabwitz unit on Daves recommendation before the tune. It made around 200hp and 550nm on tune 2 and 175hp and 450nm (i think). What a huuuge difference to driveability a tune can make🤯

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At Christmas in 2020 i took the in laws to the bilbunya dunes. That was my 5th time there and they still blow me away at their size every time! At over 100m high these are the highest in the southern hemisphere and pure white!
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Slope Grey
Yep thats people at the top! And thats the first one in a line of 5 or 6. The 2nd and 3rd dunes are the real big ones! The FIL and BILs all got bogged (toyota drivers🙄)
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Cloud Sky Car Snow Vehicle
Sunsets from the top of the dune are amazing. I would highly reccomend checking this place out!
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Water Natural landscape Afterglow

Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Afterglow Slope

Cloud Sky Water resources Atmosphere Ecoregion

Car Sky Wheel Cloud Tire
Once again the patrol drove well, averaging around 14LPH and even had to tow the BIL back in his 80 series after it put a hole through the radiator. I did cop a huge diesel leak around 100ks from home from the high pressure fitting out of the fuel pressure pump. I managed to get my hand in and crack the fitting then tighten it again which stopped the leak and i replaced the washer behind the fitting when i got home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts