Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
GU Patrol
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna work out the milage of my patrol going off the odometer. Thing is i know the odometer isnt gonna be accurate coz the speedo is way out since putting 35's on it. So how would one work it out? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe there's a calculator out there for this, i got no idea lol.

Sitting on 100km/h my speedo reads 85km/h.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I hate this sort of stuff but I worked out mine with 35s was doing 100kph when the speedo read 90 so for every 100 kms I did according to the odometer I added an extra 10 kms yes?.
I probably stuffed that up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Measure the distance from the ground to the centre of your wheel cap on your 35" tyres, then divide that by the distance from the ground to the centre cap of a stock wheel and then multiple your odometer number by that number.

Tyre pressures will affect this.

Dividing diameters will give you the "same" number to multiply your odometer by. But wont be as accurate as the above as it doesnt take into account sag of tyres.

Example:

35/31 = 1.129

1.129 x odometer.

There is also this http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
GU Patrol
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, just worked out figures with the 1.129 figure, should be close. So im gettin 333km to 100L of gas haha, hopefully can improve on that!

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
The speedo isn't correct from factory and varies between models. Best way IMO is to use a GPS to measure the distance travelled and compare to your odo. There are free iPhone apps that can measure for you. Eg. Say your odo said 100km, but the GPS said 92km then multiple your odo by 0.92 to get your actual mileage. Similarly if your GPS said 112km then multiply by 1.12.

Geezus..333ks ouch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts