Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that I have misplaced a brake line caliper banjo fitting bolt. It is likely that it is buried somewhere in my garage but I just can't find the damn thing. I tried a few parts stores with no luck. They only carry NA or European thread banjo bolts. Even tried Abbotsford Japan Auto but Shinji only has a shorter bolt (same thread) off of a Toyota. Does anyone know if there is cross over to a Nissan model or other Japanese model sold here?

BTW, for those who know Shinji at Abbotsford Japan Auto, his wife and him have just had a baby. His wife had to have a c-section after 60 hours labour. He doesn't have family here to help out, so I suppose his work hours may be a bit varied as he has to also be nurse as well as mechanic.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
i had a job in a remote area once and the bolt actually snapped anyway i got it out and **** but i used a normal bolt and drilled it out and i ground the threads down where the banjo fitting sits

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went into Nissan in Langley this morning thinking, hey with 20 cm of fresh snow/slush, they won't be busy and could just see what they have on the shelf. I won't deal with Abbotsford Nissan after their anti-JDM attitude. As, I suspected, they weren't busy; in fact, no customer was at the dealership except me. Would they look on the shelf to compare what they had in stock? No! :mad: Looks like I will have to continuing to drive to Chilliwack Nissan if I expect to get good customer service.

Anyways, went into the Lordco just a few blocks away from the dealership. Abbotsford Lordco told me they didn't have them, so it was a shot in the dardk. Sure enough their parts guy was able to open a book and then check to see that he had the banjo bolts on the shelf. I took two at $6.50 a piece. Bloody expensive but cheaper in the long run given my tendency to loose small parts and then spend lots of money on fuel to get replacements. :oops: One banjo bolt will stay in my truck tool box along with the spare bleeders and other random small parts I might misplace.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Are you loosing your nuts and bolts or your mind? :eyepoke::doh:

Lucky SOB.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd have to say "D, all of the above". :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts