Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post for me so ill start by saying gday!
After months of lurking forums due to abundant information, i finally have a question that i can't really find on the search.

I have a new 2013 GU patrol, it currently has 20k and i have done a few bits and pieces to it so far including pillar mod with egt and boost gauges, and put a 3" manta exhaust on it.

Latest addition is a catch can which leads to my question,
I have both pro-vent and calbre type. Due to the 1" fitting on the prevent i decided to try the super cheap special first, i have ran a 1/2" oil trans cooler hose to pcv from catch can, placed a bung on intake and have ran a breather on top of can, i have used staino steel and scarer pads for media filter, all looked good and works ok, except there is quite a lot of oil mist coming out of breather.
when oil cap is remove with engine running its supprising the amount of crank case pressure in there!
I was wondering if anyone with a CRD could remove there cap and see if theres if the same? Or if anyone has noticed this in the past?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Mine has a fair amount of pressure in the crackcase. I fitted a straight through pipe and the amount of smoke was surprising. Even when I got the provent on, it would still have a slight mist coming out the catch can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts