Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you guys with 6.5's who do you go with for insurance and how much is it costing you? I know mine is a Duramax but the insurance companies aren't going to know the difference. I haven't rung around for any quotes yet just wondering what other peoples opinions on who's the best to be with or who should I stay away from. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
2001 GU $45k with Shannons who are based in Bunbury & know Brunny Diesels..

$55 a mth for 45k & $500 excess
$500 in emergency assistance
$750 towards traillering if it ever needed it.
No blame excess as long as you have the other idiots contact details.

Thats GOLD and my cruiser costs heaps more to insure
It was too easy they didnt even care about it being a dirty big 6.5 Turbo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,100 Posts
Cool thanks guys. Frosty its probably because of where you live, I doubt many cars get stolen from port douglas

hahahaha! Guess who's moving down this way soon????????????

Watch his premium skyrocket!!!!:rolleyes:

Sorry!:p

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Kudos to you blokes with chevs in patrols, im not sure how you guys afford it nor is it my business but kudos indeed.

insert envy face

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
QBE for mine. Shannons and QBE were the only two I could find that would look at it. They both know the Brunswick product and cover lots of them

QBE had more goodies in the policy and were happy to cover all the extra bits.

About $650 a year for $35,000. Thats on a '98 model

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
I'm with Just Car and they have been great. Paid out no probs on some hefty panel damage sustained off road. Cost is about $1000 / year for 44K.

Shannons would not cover me as i couldn't garage the truck.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
43 Posts
I'm with Western QBE. They treat engine conversion as standard as they insure many of the Brunswick conversions. From memory approx $650/year

·
Registered
745 Posts
Shannons investigate every claim, i recently had a run in with a guard rail in my R33 turbo skyline. I've never had a claim in 6yrs with them. They make you feel like a criminal for making a claim. 1 hr phone interview, full car inspection(twice)phone and bank records searched. all for a $15k claim. I'd never touch them again.They may be better with the 4wd scene, but i doubt it after the investigator said they do this with all claims, though they did pay me out after 6 weeks.

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
DAMN!!! I just renewed mine with TCIS Insurance Brokers (Allianz is the underwriter). They dropped my VEHICLE cover from $20K to $17k and about half that for the accessories.. Premium was just over $900-. !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,849 Posts
Shannons investigate every claim, i recently had a run in with a guard rail in my R33 turbo skyline. I've never had a claim in 6yrs with them. They make you feel like a criminal for making a claim. 1 hr phone interview, full car inspection(twice)phone and bank records searched. all for a $15k claim. I'd never touch them again.They may be better with the 4wd scene, but i doubt it after the investigator said they do this with all claims, though they did pay me out after 6 weeks.
Shannons were good until i needed to re insure my written off and repaired hilux. I neer had any 'investigation' though... Beacuse there was existing damage to the lux they wouldn't insure it until it was in the same contition before the accident that wrote it off (it was all cosmetic though). I explained i only wanted 3rd party - they don't do that either.

Mods and imports suck - i'll never go down that route again.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Shannons are underwritten by suncorp
Theiving bloody legalised crooks

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Roachie said:
I just renewed mine with TCIS Insurance Brokers (Allianz is the underwriter). They dropped my VEHICLE cover from $20K to $17k and about half that for the accessories.. Premium was just over $900-.!!
I posted bout that last year.. The goalpost changed on the %age of value of car to value of accessories. used to be 40% now 20% or something like that.

Wait till next year, its going to drop again by about the same amount the dude on phone told me..

My insurance company tried it on me too... dropped value 20,000 and upped the premium by **** loads... They couldnt understand why I told them to insert it in their anus.
And thats the place recommended by 4wd Victoria!

Went RACV in the end.

They are all legalized crooks.

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
DAMN!!! I just renewed mine with TCIS Insurance Brokers (Allianz is the underwriter). They dropped my VEHICLE cover from $20K to $17k and about half that for the accessories.. Premium was just over $900-. !!!!!!!!!!!!
Roachie,

Having just insured my wagon and having to investigate a lot of companies due to a few mods and the facts I'm under 25 I did notice it spelled out pretty clearly that it is a federal requirement that you can cancel your insurance with any company at any time and they can't penalise you heavily. Bit of Govt regularion that works on our side. so if you were upset cos you thought you were locked in best check your PDS out and maybe you can quote with some of the above companies!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts