Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
I have a 120AH AGM in the boot of my patrol. I decided on this method simply because it cost the same as under the hood, but there are no issues with heat reducing battery performance, and I can swap it from car to car to tent as needed.

Its hooked up via a 50A anderson plug and charges with a 120A isolator at about 40AH.

Sorry for the crap pics, but you get the idea.

Bonus is I also have multiple outlets at the rear including 80A terminals (good for air compressor etc). I also run a 7m double cig plug extension which runs into my tent which has two 12w flouros on the end with 5m leads. Runs my 60L Waeco for about 5-7 days without charge depending on ambient, but I usually drive every day so its always full.

Battery is mounted centre simply because I have a 9 month old in a car seat and will probably have another baby within 12 months so will have two car seats. This setup leaves the anchor points clear.

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Excellent post, is that a false floor or did you drill holes for the strap mounts? Is the strap sufficient to stop movement or does it still move around a bit?
False Floor with 10mm fencing eye bolts. Hasn't moved a bit, even getting Air on Fraser because of the washouts it didn't budge, nor did the fridge.

Simple and easy to remove. Since this is my company car as well, I need to remove the stuff as needed.

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
$800 for safety barrier and have to remove it every other day to carry long/large objects. They are not for everyone!

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
This is why you put a fuse close to EACH battery. If the wiring rubs through, it will just take out both fuses - no fireworks.
Yeah thats what I was thinking...:withstup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts