Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there
I am an avid trouter and one of my all time favourite lure is the devon spinner about 25mm long .... now, over the years they have been lost, broken wings etc, I have ordered some from the UK BUT, they are not as good as the ones I have.
Next thing is, I have learned that they are now made in Tassie again by ABANKA lures...can some one let me know if this is correct and if I send the money plus extra for postage could some one make a trouter very happy
Cheers

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,675 Posts
Nice, I used to have some, but they never really worked for me. I ended up get on the Tassie Devil band wagon.

·
Registered
nissan
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been using them for years, got the celta`s and devils too and about 30 bazillion other lures that I think were to catch me ... they worked, I got caught, but I still go back to the devons ,,, got a new lure to try next time ... looks the goods tho

spinnglow.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought so too, I grew up in the southern highlands and snowies and still love trouting and hunting etc and we used all the old lures = celtas- spoons etc, but I still go back to the devons and regularly out fish all my mates ... heh heh heh, still got the touch ... or maybe I am "touched" in the head ey

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's the "Ashley" Lure, they work a treat!!!!! do they have the red dots down the side?

I was heading home for x'mas might be able to pic some up if I see em around.

mate no excuses for looseing lures (the granddad used to say) if its snagged, just go and get it!!!

Ash

·
Registered
nissan
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mate no excuses for looseing lures (the granddad used to say) if its snagged, just go and get it!!!

Ash[/QUOTE]

not if the water is freezing, toooo old for that now
I know everyone has their favourite lures .... I just have more luck with the devons in the streams I fish in ...75mm to 1-2 meters water

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,675 Posts
Im not to old to get in and get them, I just hate cold water touching my balls!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
the Fly, is the only way to fly!!

·
Registered
nissan
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats ok ... if ya like wavin ya wand around all day, by when you have the line and fly out to where ya want it ... I have 3 or 4 casts and got the fish ... heh heh
Any one found the Abanka lures yet

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
They are/were made by a guy in my home town. Not sure if he's still in business. Ph. Wigston's Sports on 0362 612733. They will know for sure. Good luck.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Yeah as Pat said Steve is a home town bloke and If I see him I will ask if he still does them or if you ring Wigstons ask Rodney as he is a mate of Steves

1 - 17 of 17 Posts