Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy!

My wife and I have recently bought a couple of Wilderness Systems sit on tops and have had a few paddles in Tingalpa Creek up here in the Redlands. We have gone up to the dam wall and as far down as the railway line (i.e. not far).

As we are new to this, we have no real idea of cool places to go. Therefore post your favourite locations to go paddling!

Post all the places you like, even show some piccies. Oh, and how you mount your 'yaks to your troll!

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
A really nice day (or was befor the floods) is start at wivenhoe dam wall and paddle down river, pop out at either savages/kholo/colleges crossings. not too exerting, some nice quick sections without being full on white water. Might wanna drop a car at your exit location though as it is a bit of distance to cover. saves you fighting the flow all the way back up.

Another of my faves is pumicestone passage. that whole area is really nice to kayak so long as you pick the right tides, it flows like a mutha-bitch through there on a hard run out.

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
I usually get out to the hinze dam a bit, not awesome but still nice.

I enjoy trolling a couple of lines out back with lures and chasing some fish!

Anywhere on a kayak is great fun either way imo.

As for mounting if its me and the missus or son i strap them on the roof rack,
If its the whole family(4) i have a trailer with a bit of a rack.
Mine have a built in wheel in the keel which makes them good for rolling from the car to the water.

Have fun!

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts

Thats my bad boy there, i love it.

Tingalpa dam is pristine, wouldnt mind goin for a yak there myself one day.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Mic get in contact with wynnum redlands canoe club, I think rod is still president. They will give you everything you need to know about it. There is a link via queensland canoeing. I use to be very heavily involved in the sport and redlands were always one of the larger clubs with a large variety or paddlers. Wivenhoe down to kholo (50k) use to be a good paddle with some easy level one rapids. However post floods you can't even get into the entrance and the majority of it is extensively damaged. Would not recommend it unless you are rather experience or want to drown, although water levels are comming down.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
oh did you now?

I went in there and the phuckers didnt want to sell me one. I had to drive down to smithys tackle shop at currumbin to buy 1.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh did you now?

I went in there and the phuckers didnt want to sell me one. I had to drive down to smithys tackle shop at currumbin to buy 1.
Haha. I had similar trouble with goodtime in brissie. They wouldn't talk to me for about an hour, when she did talk to me she was rude. i asked for a deal and was pretty much told to piss off. So i did. To Roscoes on the northside! Goodtime missed out on an easy $3 500!

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Well i went in the 1st time to check em out, i was impressed with the quality of the yak,yeah no worries he says when your ready come in and we'll sort you out. so when i had the cash i returned and they (another bloke) told me to piss off, they dont sell to the public!

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Nutta out of curiousity, what did you pay?

mines the 13foot with rudder btw

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
Jeez ive gotta bad memory but I think it was 1200 - 1300, picked up another same model for a k but the nose had been dropped and repaired, you couldnt pick it though.

The guy that served me was very polite so im not sure who you saw.

Mine looks identical to yours but no rudder.

Cheers.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2004 GU III 3.O TD
112 Posts
I am right into kayak fishing here in Adelaide..... I own a Hobie Revolution, awesome yak.... It is peddle powered buy the unique Mirage drive system.....

I have been fishing for a year now from it and have had some great catches of bream and mulloway, have just purchased a Shark shield surf unit and will now target the big red snapper that are famous in S.A. And also the King George whiting :cool:

I used to live in Fernvale , and would have loved it up there to fish Wivenhoe for it's trophy bass....

My mate has a kayak site called index, great site for info if ya ever visit S.A and want to have a fish....

Good luck with your yakking :cool:

South Oz

Revo in West Lakes (800 x 600).jpg

2.11.2010 Mully 3 (453 x 800).jpg

Yak bream 1 (800 x 600).jpg

Patrol back.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
I am right into kayak fishing here in Adelaide..... I own a Hobie Revolution, awesome yak.... It is peddle powered buy the unique Mirage drive system.....

I have been fishing for a year now from it and have had some great catches of bream and mulloway, have just purchased a Shark shield surf unit and will now target the big red snapper that are famous in S.A. And also the King George whiting :cool:

I used to live in Fernvale , and would have loved it up there to fish Wivenhoe for it's trophy bass....

My mate has a kayak site called index, great site for info if ya ever visit S.A and want to have a fish....

South Oz

View attachment 19810

View attachment 19811

View attachment 19812

View attachment 19813

Nice!

Good kayak and some top fish!

Also cant beat the silver patrol, the best colour!

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I am also getting to a bit of kayak fishing in WA.
It can be a prety wild windy coast so I went the whole hog and a got one with outriggers and a sail.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Yep another one here!!

Well White water is my thing :) One day i would love the throw the boats on the roof and just drive around looking for the best white water i can find!! Absolute dream :)

Here are my Boats
Liquid Logic HOSS

And my Creeker, Liquid Logic Remix

Living in eildon, Luckily i do get out heaps with the Gulbourn on my doorstep :) and the Big and King just around the corner!!

Cheers
MAtt

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts

South Oz

View attachment 19810

View attachment 19811

View attachment 19812

View attachment 19813
i notice no roof racks, how do you haul it around

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 2004 GU III 3.O TD
112 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts