Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to some peoples surprise on here I do actually have quite a few lady friends who enjoy camping with me and mates. Just one issue though that stops them wanting to come out with us as eagerly as us blokes..........going to the toilet!

I understand how this is a dilemma for the ladies and I just want to know what other people do about these issues other than "a tablespoon of cement" or "find camp spots with loo's" which is what usually happens, but sometimes these places are packed and I like to go deeepa into the bush.

Asking them for a satisfactory resolution can be a point of contention :lol: Its not my sole responsibility, but if someone can just cure the problem. Makes it easier.

So what has worked for you and how much whinging and convincing did it take? lol ;)

Am I being a chauvenist/sexist pig? Or my understanding sensitivity is worthy?

I really couldnt give a rats, I just wanna go camping with all my friends, not a massive sausage sizzle. Im sure there is many guys and gals who have the same issue.

One trip we spent 3 hours winching through bogholes and all the blokes were happy to go poo in the bracken, but I kinda feel bad for the ladies who dont feel that great primal feeling of taking a dump with a frog watching you.

So show us ya make shift shi-tters! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
So a (big)bear really does ***** in the woods! :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
My lady friends quite like the Jimmy's Thunderox..

Camping Toilet. Jimmy's Thunderbox portable toilet

It packs flat, can be quite comfortable. Sprinkle of lime dust in the hole stops the smell, and biodegradable bags means once it buried the greenies are happy.

Setup in a shower tent, away from the camp, works quite well.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
get a coke crate cut the top out and fix a toilet seat to the top

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
just go to the Gasmate Factory outlet in glen waverley and buy a pota-shatta. they are cheap as dirt

But the rule is - you load it - you clean it.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
My bogan solution was to teck screw a toilet seat onto some 450mm poly and make a wooden base for it. (obviously cut the circular part out). Place this over a hole that you have pre dug and dump away. for the sensitive ones amongst us a bag of sawdust to sprinkle over your leavings and some lavender/eucalyptus oil to keep the smell down. To top it off you can even string a tarp up around it.

Even my missus will come camping if i bring it :)

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Jimmy's Thunderbox has served us well for years, no crap.:D

Cheers

Ray

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I number one everywhere, but never number two while camping. I got pretty sick once holding for two weeks while in Bali, amazingly I was able to hold for two weeks while everyone else had the runs. :D

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
I number one everywhere, but never number two while camping. I got pretty sick once holding for two weeks while in Bali, amazingly I was able to hold for two weeks while everyone else had the runs. :D
Two weeks without a crap? That reminds me of the monkey/farmer's cow joke.

Cheers

Ray

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
**** man 2 weeks I cant hold 2 days normally once a day man have been for like ever....

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I hand them the shovel and usually that's the last time there will come away. At least the kids don't mind where they go!

·
your mother, she's a top bloke!!!!
nissan patrol
480 Posts
milk crate with a circle cut out of the arse of it, old toilet seat bolted on with hinges. dump thru it with pre dug hole. or can put a shopping bag tucked up under seat and can carry you trophy away.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
Have a portable ****ta But it has not been used since mum and dad took me to bathurst when i was 3. My simple solution: don't come if you don't like it.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
The problem with digging holes everywhere, especially if camped in one place for while, is that all the holes build up everywhere. With a crapper like Jimmy's, you only have to dig one hole and it will last three weeks or more (for two people). So that's one hole vs at least 42 holes. That's possibly why some campsites are being closed off in areas around Kevington, because the campsites are becoming cesspits.

Oh, and you really know when women have been bush camping and there's been no crapper. there's toilet paper everywhere. :angryfir:

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
I just lay a number 2 wherever, but if I get older and weak on the knees im making one of these without the bucket/bag. Simply can reverse up wherever and leave it.

Would be good in carparks if you pick a good private wall to back up to.

bumper dumper portable toilet

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

For a number 2, give them the car keys and request more beer, while they go to the nearest public, number 1 get a shower / toilet tent and dig a drain. A paper bag for the TP and burn it before you go. Women I camp with are happy to split the whiskers anywhere out of sight.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
my daughter has always loved coming out camping with me so had to bite the bullet and get a porta-potti and tent and 12volt shower
Yes it does have to be Emptied, but haveing her come away with me pays for its self

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Two weeks without a crap? That reminds me of the monkey/farmer's cow joke.

Cheers

Ray
**** man 2 weeks I cant hold 2 days normally once a day man have been for like ever....
Yep, and at one point it was Saturday morning to Saturday morning, Friday nights on the Bundy Dark and Stormys really got things going. I have a prediction that I will probably get bowel cancer, thats not a joke, serious concern.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts