Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removal of camping fees for all basic camp sites in Victoria

Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water, Lisa Neville announced on April 2, 2015 the removal of camping fees for all basic camp sites in Parks Victoria managed parks.

From 2 April 2015, basic camping sites in 19 parks throughout Victoria will have no fees. Bookings for these sites will remain in place until 30 June 2015.

Customers who have booked a campsite for any nights from 2 April 2015 and beyond will be refunded. All basic campsites will still require a booking (at no charge) up to 30 June 2015. Fees already paid will be refunded. From 1 July 2015, basic sites will not require a booking and will be available on a first in, first-served basis. Other campsite fees remain. Rob

This is indeed good news. I have done a bit of research on the sites where pre-booking and site fees (of about $36 per night per vehicle) and the system is still going to have many difficulties. I noticed that a number of campsites in the Wyperfeld and Hattah areas still need to be pre-booked. Without mobile phone coverage the problems will still exist. Below is a list of parks showing those that are now free (those listed as Basic) and those that still have charges.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/630642/Fee-schedule.pdf

Reactions: MQTray

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Thanks, that is good news.
I hope some of the ideas flow on over to WA. Unfortunately here they are blocking off more and more camp sites with posts, fencing and signs to only let you camp in little square boxes. The maintenance and management costs are their main reason because they can't trust people to be responsible

1 - 2 of 2 Posts