Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a 4.5 petrol with 3.9 diffs and H233B rear diff would I be able to swap 4.1 ratios into mine?

·
Registered
9,663 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
H233 rear is standard in coil utes with 4.1 ratios.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I actually have a set of 4.1s from my ute come to think of it. If you're near Shepp at all I will gladly sell you them cheap. Might even be able to post them. Thats pinion and crown wheels only, not whole diff centres or entire diffs

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually have a set of 4.1s from my ute come to think of it. If you're near Shepp at all I will gladly sell you them cheap. Might even be able to post them. Thats pinion and crown wheels only, not whole diff centres or entire diffs
I will keep that in mind mate. Was asking for 2 reasons. have 33's on my 4.5 auto and a 4.5 auto is already sluggish enough so was thinking of 4.1 or 4.x ratios but might be able to get hold of front and rear 4.1 centres with lockers cheap.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Go for locker swap if you can, if not, let me know and they're yours. I went to 33s in my ute, so went from 4.1s to 4.3s. Was a pretty good swap up I reckon.

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go for locker swap if you can, if not, let me know and they're yours. I went to 33s in my ute, so went from 4.1s to 4.3s. Was a pretty good swap up I reckon.
cheers mate. will know in a few days.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
you havnt got a 4.1 for a h260 do you?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Nah only got 4.3 H260

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
Hey mate iv got a complete 4.1h260 leaf sprung if your interested.
my problem is ive just found out that the gu i did a td conversion in has the 260 rear and 4.3s and revs its head off, ive already got a complete set of 4.1 233's with a air locker that i was going to use at the moment i dunno if i should swap housings and use my center or sell my complete 233 with locker and jut buy a new locker for the 260 but id also have to buy a 4.1 h260 center, ill keep it in mind though

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tuff choice lockers are good tho. It's just sitting there only done 50 thou as i converted to coil rear and 233 so feel free to contact me if you change your mind.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I will keep that in mind mate. Was asking for 2 reasons. have 33's on my 4.5 auto and a 4.5 auto is already sluggish enough so was thinking of 4.1 or 4.x ratios but might be able to get hold of front and rear 4.1 centres with lockers cheap.
I personally don't think you will notice much difference from 3.90 to 4.11 ratio in my opinion and thats why i went 4.375 , couldn't be happier as its now a better allround performer from standing start to touring to 4x4ing and without increasing fuel consumption while still running 265/75/16's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts