Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. If im not in the right section. Let me know so i can fix it up.
Hoping yous can help me out here. Got a gu 3 wagon. Currently have a kaymar rear bar fitted but unfortunantly had someone run into the rear end. Kaymar discontinued there line of the bars for gu3. Seeing how simmilar a gu4 rear end is and if possible to fit a gu4 kaymar bar instead.

Has anyone done this or able to measure the width of chassie to chassie and the panel work where the bar will meet neatly to see if do able or fit?

Thanks in advance.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
Ring Kaymar and ask them?

They may have stopped the earlier one because the IV will fit ok with a bit of luck, to consolidate stock.

·
Registered
nissan
2,587 Posts
A stock 4 bumper fits on a series 1 just the flare dosnt line up perfect. But you need to out the s4 reinforcing bar on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. Kaymar is saying there gu4 bar wont fit the gu3. So for now im going to fix the bar up and make do.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Could you do a write up with some photos mate? Im looking at making a nissan factory steel bullbar from a late model fit a series 2

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,614 Posts
Could you do a write up with some photos mate? Im looking at making a nissan factory steel bullbar from a late model fit a series 2
OP is talking about a REAR bar, not a bullbar...

S4 bullbar will fit S2 no problem, but you'll have an unsightly gap between the top pan of the bar and the radiator grille, and the hoops are more upright, so bigger gap between the hoops and head lamps. Mounting is identical.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
OP is talking about a REAR bar, not a bullbar...

S4 bullbar will fit S2 no problem, but you'll have an unsightly gap between the top pan of the bar and the radiator grille, and the hoops are more upright, so bigger gap between the hoops and head lamps. Mounting is identical.
Been a long day... :rolleyes:
I have the s4 bar on at the moment and yes the gap for the grille is there but in every other place the bar looks like it needs to go back atleast 40mm, Even though mounts are aligned. That is why I asked, incase he was doing the modification to fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts