Driving around town
Driving on highway
driving off road in bush
Driving off road in sand..

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
Ive done 500kms/half tank pretty much all towing on highway.. thats normal for mine.

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
Come on guys and girls.

The bloke wants calculated figures not" I can drive for a week" or "I get so many kays on half a tank."

Fill up. Reset trip. Drive. Fill up when required and record fuel usage against kms driven!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
52 Posts
Hi
I just came home from a week in Brisbane and Noosa
Over 2'600 km
15 i/100 town
12.5 flat running
Average 13.5
all with 35"tyres and 4.625 diffs
all up weight around 4 tonne
On a trip last year over 14,000km
sand 15l/100
dirt 14l/100
highway 13l/100
all with 33"tyres and 4.11 difs
All my driving is done with the 'scan gauge'< 65% LOD on flat and <85% on hills
i.e change gear not stay flat out
Regards
Joe

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
Come on guys and girls.

The bloke wants calculated figures not" I can drive for a week" or "I get so many kays on half a tank."

Fill up. Reset trip. Drive. Fill up when required and record fuel usage against kms driven!!
Im going to assume thats in my direction. Not everybody cares what their exact fuel figures are. I put fuel in. I drive. It gets low- i fill it. Easy.

I figured id add my bit of helpful (or unhelpful) info and bump the post for the bloke.

·
Registered
Nissan
43 Posts
Around town I avg 14-15ish to 100
Highway unloaded dips to high 12's
Highway loaded 13 ish

Last tank was heavy loaded, roof rack loaded, head wind, and 40+ k of low range and sand work, plus town driving returned 17 :(

That's a di with 33's stock diffs, roof rack on all the time, heavy draws, 18 psi max, 10-12 at 100kph, and a slightly heavy right foot.

I think my exhaust is blocked, waiting for $$ to replace it, hopefully power comes up and economy gets better.

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to assume thats in my direction. Not everybody cares what their exact fuel figures are. I put fuel in. I drive. It gets low- i fill it. Easy.

I figured id add my bit of helpful (or unhelpful) info and bump the post for the bloke.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Skid65,
I know it sounded like a simple question but so many of us have modified our Patrols, that there are endless variables: different tyres, tyre diameter, diff ratios, auto or manual gearbox, engine and exhaust modifications, loaded vehicle, roof racks, roof top tents, towing camper trailers.

So what are you really trying to find out?

Do you want to know what a standard un-modified Patrol is like?
Do you want to buy one and can't decide.
Are you planing to load up for a big trip and want to know how far you will get, or if you should carry extra fuel or long range tanks?

I use my Patrol for travel, the worst economy I have got was a bit over 18L/100k Loaded heavily, spare tyre on the roof, camper trailer loaded heavily, 33" tyres, auto gearbox, working it hard on the highway in the heat of the NT pushing 110 to 115km/h.

Best is with a light weight load (I don't travel all that light, 2900 kg all up), hard shell roof top tent (fairly streamlined), two spares, heaps of tools, camping gear and recovery gear, no camper trailer: I managed a bit over 2000 km on 205 L of fuel from WA through a lot of off-road tracks, across the Nullabour on the road, through Fouler Bay some beach 4x4 driving, down Ayre Peninsula, in and out of every track I could find, Streaky Bay and across to Port Augusta. So average about 10L/100km.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1/2004 GU3, 3.0 non CRD, auto, bog stock everything (other than the dash carpet) 10.9l/100 kms over the last 3 full main tanks. 70%city 30% freeway. Not towing, no roof rack, up to 5 adults+1 dog.

I thought that was pretty good.

Fred

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Skid65,
I know it sounded like a simple question but so many of us have modified our Patrols, that there are endless variables: different tyres, tyre diameter, diff ratios, auto or manual gearbox, engine and exhaust modifications, loaded vehicle, roof racks, roof top tents, towing camper trailers.

Are you planing to load up for a big trip and want to know how far you will get, or if you should carry extra fuel or long range tanks?

I use my Patrol for travel, the worst economy I have got was a bit over 18L/100k Loaded heavily, spare tyre on the roof, camper trailer loaded heavily, 33" tyres, auto gearbox, working it hard on the highway in the heat of the NT pushing 110 to 115km/h.

Best is with a light weight load (I don't travel all that light, 2900 kg all up), hard shell roof top tent (fairly streamlined), two spares, heaps of tools, camping gear and recovery gear, no camper trailer: I managed a bit over 2000 km on 205 L of fuel from WA through a lot of off-road tracks, across the Nullabour on the road, through Fouler Bay some beach 4x4 driving, down Ayre Peninsula, in and out of every track I could find, Streaky Bay and across to Port Augusta. So average about 10L/100km.
I know a guy who has a 2002 DX zd30 and whe he did his cape york trip he was averaging 17/100 another mate was in a 100 series cruiser and was getting the same, I want to get as much info as possible for when I upgrade from my GQ petrol, so have already found people replying that they get far better figures, slogging it in the sand etc, I've seen a number of GU's on carsales . com, so am doing as much homwork as possible to my an educated decission on what I get, so far I'm liking the looks of the series IV, but looks alone are not going to the deciding factor on what I buy, so am chasing any and all information as posssible, As I was looking at the 4.8's for a while but in the sand they are worse than my GQ...

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skid65,

I know before I do my cape trip I'll be putting a 2 inch lift on it, running either 32's or 33's, and at least some of the NADS modifications..

·
Registered
2003 zd30 manual wagon
530 Posts
Mine is a manual running 33's, 3 inch lift and roof rack.
Usually mid 12's per hundred, thats city and /or freeway. I dont see a change
Towing the box trailer with a bit of camping gear i'd say add 1 liter per hundred, add a bit of bulky stuff on the roof rack and add another 1 liter per hundred.
Hope it helps

Oh, and thats using the ODO to measure distance travelled!
It actually reads under so im doung more kms so the economy would look better if I used a GPS to accuratelly measure the kms

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
I have full nads and 33s on my 2001 di. I average 10-11L/100km. Last main and sub tank combined i did just on 1200km with the fuel light just coming on.
That was a bit of highway, mostly city and some towing a tandem trailer.

I reakon i could go further on the highway.

Hope this helps.

I think there is a fuel economy thread on here already somewhere..

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

·
Registered
Nissan Urvan / Caravan
227 Posts
I have a 2009 Nissan van with the 3.0CRDT engine, fitted out as a mobile workshop, which all up weighs 2,900kg. Gear and diff ratios are identical to the 2wd Navara ute. On the van, the turbo boosts to 22psi, which it will do readily on hills.

Fitted with a Scanguage. No mods.

Averages 26-28mpg (apologies for imperial measures, but I'm old). Economy is very right foot sensitive. Economy has improved with km's, though the dealer did a software update when they fitted a new alternator, so this might be the reason for the improvement.

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts
There are some impressive figures there.

We are heavily loaded, dual spare wheels, BW drawers, fully loaded roofrack, 33 inch tyres, 2 long range tanks totalling 220lts, 100lts of water,etc. with 3 kids.

I allow about a 1000km range out of both tanks when in the bush, obviously they are not run empty.

A few examples;
Fraser Island we got 22lts per 100km.
Simpson Desert 18lts per 100km.
Anne Beadell Hwy 18lts per 100km.
High Country is around 18lts per 100km as well.
Highway driving to these places 15lts per 100km.
I do very little driving around town as the patrol is mainly our holiday home, but I think around 13lts per 100km. It is still heavy around town as its always loaded apart from the roof.

We have just started dragging a 1 tonne camper around and its early days, but so far I would say around 2lts per 100km extra on the above figures.

Hope that helps.
Andrew.

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
33 Posts
I did 6500km to the Cape and back last July and averaged 15l/100 with 33's, a roof rack and towing a camper trailer usually at about 95 - 100 k/m on the tar. Used about 18l/100 on the OTT.

I normally get around 15l/100 around home in Brisbane and about 12 - 13 on the highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3.0 Litre Manual, 33'' Coppers, no roof rack, new from showroom average of all travel, which is trips, 4WD weekends in Vic high country and daily commute is 12.3l/100km. Best 11.0l/100km, traveling light up to Dalby Qld from Emerald Victoria last year, sitting on limit (110kph for most of it) and return. Highest consumption muddy weekend in Vic High Country 18.2l/100km, traveling from home to high country, having fun in the mud and return.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts