Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday all, just wondering if anybody has a 3.0ltr with 35's or bigger fitted and whether any problems have occured, eg can it push 35's without too much power loss etc.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
I'm not sure how much power you lose, but I've seen 3ltrs pushing 35s round.

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
I have been running 35's for about 12 months now, ( 2000 3L Di 283,000 km ) it runs perfectly fine, you do loose a bit of power but its only really noticable in the rough stuff when 4low is not quite low enough A set of reduction gears are next on the list.

my wagon never has much weight onboard other than a couple of swags and tent for the mrs and kite surfing gear and sometimes towing a 500kg boat ( max ) ,

I am not sure how the 3L would go on 35's with a load of drawers a weeks food and water and two tonne van behind........ but I wouldnt be doing that with this engine on any size tyre anyway. Plenty of people do without problem but IMO this engine is too small to tow reliably..... so in short in my experience if you dont need to tow anything heavy the 3L will easily push 35's

·
Registered
279 Posts
My is 2006 manual and has 4.11 diff ratio, I ran 35" for play and 33" daily. I found the truck struggle to go up hill and constantly need to down shift when fitted with 35". With 33" it is quite ok with me.

Will be changing to 4.375, already got the front diff and need to get the rear one. This should bring the performance back to factory standard with 33" and with 35" will be like the 33" with 4.11 ratio which should be sweet.

Yours is 2000 model so should be 4.375 from factory, may be different.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not sure how much power you lose, but I've seen 3ltrs pushing 35s round.

About 12% by the ratio of tyre diameter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts