Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GU Patrol station wagon. I've seen a number of GU Utes that have a kind of bench seat in the front rather than the two separate driver and passenger seats of the station wagon. I'd love to fit one of these bench seats in my patrol.

Does anybody have any idea if this is possible?

If it is, anybody any idea where I get a front bench seat from in New South Wales?

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
It will physically fit, the seatbelt points may not be in the wagon floorpan, but most importantly the car will require an engineers certificate and mod plate, as the vehicle is registered as a 7 seater. Consult your RTA and an automotive engineer.

·
Banned
nissan
261 Posts
I have a 2002 GU Patrol station wagon. I've seen a number of GU Utes that have a kind of bench seat in the front rather than the two separate driver and passenger seats of the station wagon. I'd love to fit one of these bench seats in my patrol.

Does anybody have any idea if this is possible?

If it is, anybody any idea where I get a front bench seat from in New South Wales?
I dont know, but I would really like to hear what you find out as we have 4 kids and on big trips would love to have the whole back area for stuff without the kids! I guess it can be done. I have just had my front seats out to dry the carpet and the lower part of the seat belts are part of the seat assembly. Would have to do some mods to the console and gear stick boot area too.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
you could just use a ute 1.5 seat and keep your drivers seat, i think some come out in the dx ute range

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
you could just use a ute 1.5 seat and keep your drivers seat, i think some come out in the dx ute range
That's what I was thinking of, didn't know patrols came that way. I'll check them out

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
421 Posts
hey mate i have a dx ute with that set up and am currently trying to get that 2 bucket seats and console so let me no would be more than happy to swap

·
Registered
nissan
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey mate i have a dx ute with that set up and am currently trying to get that 2 bucket seats and console so let me no would be more than happy to swap
Thom, I'm going to go to RTA to check if I'd need and engineers cert. If it look a like a goer I could be very interested in that swap. Where about are you based? I'm in Newcastle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts