Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I thought it'd be nice to introduce our Canadian trucks and have an idea of how many Safari made it to Canadian soil... Might be nice to have this as a sticky?

We could keep it to one picture with a quick description of where it's located, what has been done and what's coming up. Other suggestions?

Here's my Squatting Samurai the day it landed... currently residing in Burnaby, BC. It's a '93 Grandroad, MT, rear locker, rear a/c, bone stock except for the Trabold bypass oil filter and the batteries relocated in cab.
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45308
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45271

The main mods that I have planned:
- Conversion to run on veggie/WVO (started).
- Camperizing the interior (started).
- 3" lift with either 33's or 35's.
- Turbo with air/water intercooler and snorkel.
- Winch.

Cheers,
David

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44621&highlight=canadian

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
1990 Safari LWB

Its at home in Kelowna, BC.

I'll post some pics when I have a chance (at work ATM).

Working on: fork mounted bike tray to go on the inside (rear seats removed) for four bikes minimum plus some camping stuff...

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Okay, I feel good until Paul posts his harem up. :p

1991 LWB MT 7 pas Safari - my DD
2" OME lift

1992 LWB AT 5 pas Safari - wife's DD
stock except the ML Hubs I put on her

On my wish list isn't much right now. I am living in reality with 3 teenage kids. I need to new rubber, so mine will probably get a set of 33s in the near future. I have two 8274s I need to rebuild. One will go on my wife's and another will go on mine. I also plan on adding a 3rd 12V deep cycle battery to each. I am tired of loosing CD player presets. Will use the current converts in them with a charge controller to charge the thrid battery.

As for dreams, well there isn't enough time to type them all out. ;)

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,708 Posts
He He...here goes:
1 1990 LWB low roof AT, 5 pax, diff lock, winch
2 1990 SWB 5MT, diff lock, sunroof, winch
3 1991 LWB High roof, party roof, diff lock, 7 pax (PTO winch to be fitted)
4 1994 LWB TD42T, AT, high roof, party roof, rear beer cooler, LSD, 7 pax DD

Will post pics later, currently stuck in CYHH (Nemiscau QC) due left engine flame out at about 23000 feet.

Projects will be depend on what I keep and time available. I do like my '94, I prefer a 5MT and having a SWB is just for fun.

Good thread David.

BTW I have started to play with IP timing......

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Alright, here is mine:

Just down the Okanagan valley from me is MisabeMukwa's rig (here is a spy shot I took last summer, in Summerland; I hope he doesn't mind):

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,708 Posts
Canadian Safari Club (Patrols welcome)!

G'Day fellow Safari and Patrol owners in Canada. Please post in this thread you and your rig(s). Lots of photos, what modifications, approximate location and preferred beverage.:naughty:

If you already have a thread you want merged with this one, just PM me the request with the link to your thread you want merged.

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea,

I'll get the ball rolling with my newest toy to complement my Troll... My build up thread is in my signature... And I drink "La Maudite" :naughty:

Cheers,
Mr. D

Attachments

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,708 Posts
I'm way out east near Ottawa (by force) and I have had a few Safaris/Patrols. Oddly enough the first Y60 was a left hand drive in a country that drove on the left...some good times. I have all kinds of mods planned for the '91 camper. Front locker, lift (have the bits), turbo (have the bits), and on and on...just to find the time.

My DD is a '94 LWB turbo with the party roof. The offroader is a '91 LWB 5 speed with rear diff lock, party roof, PTO winch and more. http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/1991-lwb-safari-build-up-67447/

I drink Havana Club Reserva or 7 year, Flor de Cana 7 year or 12 (Centanario) and others. I'm on the right side of the screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan safari
263 Posts
Grippy there and back.

Back in sunny Edmonton.

Here is a pic of the new snow-plow.

Now me and my pals with the snomobiles, will wait for some snow!

Attachments

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,708 Posts
Righto! You'll have to let us know where you got it, install time/issues and cost? Maybe a piccy of how its mounted? Is it poered off the power steering pump or electric?

·
Registered
nissan safari
263 Posts
This one is a product by "snow Bear" I got it through Canadian Tyre, but you can also get them on the web sight.
This is the top model, (definatly not an industrial devise) but more than what i require.
There are two types of power unit. Both are electric,(12 Volt)
One is a winch system, and the other is a self contained "Actuator" (realy is a worm drive)
the 24 by 12 20 amp converter is quite enough to do iether one.
It took me one eight hour day to do the mechanical install. Since the power inverter was already done, I dont count that as time included.
The front susspention did not mind at all, but i will probably look at the pnumatic susspention bags for inside the coil springs.
If and when it snows,I will be able to give a more educated opinion.

·
Banned
nissan
545 Posts
Dastrekker AKA Kirin:
Location Kamloops BC...
My rig
90 Y60 Granroad. 5 spd manual, LSD, 31's, Procomp Alloys, Custom "Farsang" front bar, Light force HID's, Warn winch, 4 inch lift with HD Dobinson Coils, with Rancho Procomp shocks...

Custom rear camper box which turns into a bed and stove. Further plans? Turbo, Some interior work, and rear quarter chop and custom rear bumper. Also refinish the front tube bumper since its looking sad...

Man:

My "flex the beast" attempt

·
Registered
Nissan safari lwb
62 Posts
1990 Safari.

Lives in Vancouver, the closest thing to being offroad it has seen in the last 2 years is driving on Kent Ave. from Victoria Dr. to Cambie St.

Luis.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Just like mine, same color and wheels. However mine is a 91, manual trans, heated seats and a low roof.

In Calgary.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts